Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Jakub Moder

48 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We need both due to KDH leaving and shortages of plenty leaving. Moder would be ok as a squad player, and then we buy the replacement to feature in next years accounts. This is about getting us out of potential hot water in the FY23/24 period.

We don’t need to replace KDH if not playing the same system. If Wilf signs on and we sign Moder that leaves them along with Winks and Soumare as deep lying midfielders which Coops likes to play 2 of. 

Think Alves & Mcateer will be involved along with Fatawu and Mavididi to play wide. Leaves us just needing a more creative 10 who can play when we set up with one. 

• Like 2

You just know the club are probably desperate to get Soumare off the books as well but are also looking to sign Moder who is a very similar profile of player. Ideally we sell Soumare and don't sign Moder, a decent option would be keep Soumare and not to sign Moder. You just know that Rudkin is probably going to go for the worst options and either sell Soumare and sign Moder or keep soumare and loan him out and sign Moder to replace him. 

12 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

You just know the club are probably desperate to get Soumare off the books as well but are also looking to sign Moder who is a very similar profile of player. Ideally we sell Soumare and don't sign Moder, a decent option would be keep Soumare and not to sign Moder. You just know that Rudkin is probably going to go for the worst options and either sell Soumare and sign Moder or keep soumare and loan him out and sign Moder to replace him. 

Tbf if Moder wants to graft and Soumare still doesn't then his value to us is a thousand times higher. 

This season is going to be an absolute war. We need people that are going to roll their sleeves up. Even someone immensely willing to defend Soumaré isn't going to describe him as a warrior. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

So we've going from

Maresca to Cooper 

KDH to Moder 

Can't wait for the new season 😍 

It's more like

Maresca to Cooper

Cesare to Moder

KDH to ??????(still to be sorted)

But we can continue, to put massively negative spin on everything, however it may get a bit tedious 

Edited by FoxinNotts

5 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

So we've going from

Maresca to Cooper 

KDH to Moder 

Can't wait for the new season 😍 

Yet most on here were whining that Enzo ball was doomed to relegation in the PL regardless who we had in the team.

And there is no proof that Moder is a KDH replacement. He is just the rumoured part of the deal.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf if Moder wants to graft and Soumare still doesn't then his value to us is a thousand times higher. 

This season is going to be an absolute war. We need people that are going to roll their sleeves up. Even someone immensely willing to defend Soumaré isn't going to describe him as a warrior. 

It's likely that Soumare will stay this summer. Is it really worth it to risk PSR  to play Moder and loan out Soumare for a bit more graft? I don't think so personally. As i said in my previous comment ideally neither of them will be wearing the Leicester shirt next season.

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

It's likely that Soumare will stay this summer. Is it really worth it to risk PSR  to play Moder and loan out Soumare for a bit more graft? I don't think so personally. As i said in my previous comment ideally neither of them will be wearing the Leicester shirt next season.

It's likely that nobody will buy Soumaré, true. 

But I'd say there's probably more chance he gets another loan than plays for Cooper personally. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

When Soumare started to play under Smith, in his correct position did you actually see him play?  For me and the radios commentary team he was mostly vying for man of the match and, he did bust a gut trying to get back and defend unlike Tielemans and certain others. Rather like Kristensen, their were some quite valid reasons why players like them didn't perform to their best abilities ie one of the worst managers we've probably had at Leicester in so many ways. 

Had I been either of those players I'd have been gagging to leave too! A new manager might just bring out the true potential in Soumare. 

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

When Soumare started to play under Smith, in his correct position did you actually see him play?  For me and the radios commentary team he was mostly vying for man of the match and, he did bust a gut trying to get back and defend unlike Tielemans and certain others. Rather like Kristensen, their were some quite valid reasons why players like them didn't perform to their best abilities ie one of the worst managers we've probably had at Leicester in so many ways. 

Had I been either of those players I'd have been gagging to leave too! A new manager might just bring out the true potential in Soumare. 

It's a myth that he was great every minute he played for Smith. He put in a couple of alright performances and just as many eh ones. 

I've defended Soumaré more than most but he's never looked like he wanted to be here he's always had extremely inconsistent work rate and output and he's always looked completely bamboozled by the speed of the game in England. 

I'm not writing him off entirely but I'll be very surprised if he suddenly turns it around now. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's likely that nobody will buy Soumaré, true. 

But I'd say there's probably more chance he gets another loan than plays for Cooper personally. 

That's fine but why sign Moder who will come with a lot of the same issues as Soumare with a bit more graft and worse ball carrying abilities? Personally i just dont see why we would want a midfielder who's limited at passing the ball.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's a myth that he was great every minute he played for Smith. He put in a couple of alright performances and just as many eh ones. 

I've defended Soumaré more than most but he's never looked like he wanted to be here he's always had extremely inconsistent work rate and output and he's always looked completely bamboozled by the speed of the game in England. 

I'm not writing him off entirely but I'll be very surprised if he suddenly turns it around now. 

Don't get me wrong, I agree, I don't think he wanted to be here either but like I said, in his shoes neither would I at the time, it was bad enough just watching some of them, I'd leave fuming quite often!

Tielemans in every department was an absolute disgrace. Maddison was a world beater whilst trying to get on the England plane and a total complete tosser when he returned. Very glad to see the back of Mr Lazy and Mr Selfish. Praet when he did make an appearance didn't exactly bust a gut and Castagne was a total wimp.

A study of what Soumare did in France, how and where he should be played would show that he was played anywhere but by Rodgers on the sporadic occasions he decided to use him. With such a pathetic manager in an unhappy camp, being a young man away from home in a different country, like Kristiansen, it's absolutely no wonder we didn't see much from him.