Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Jakub Moder

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Don't get me wrong, I agree, I don't think he wanted to be here either but like I said, in his shoes neither would I at the time, it was bad enough just watching some of them, I'd leave fuming quite often!

Tielemans in every department was an absolute disgrace. Maddison was a world beater whilst trying to get on the England plane and a total complete tosser when he returned. Very glad to see the back of Mr Lazy and Mr Selfish. Praet when he did make an appearance didn't exactly bust a gut and Castagne was a total wimp.

A study of what Soumare did in France, how and where he should be played would show that he was played anywhere but by Rodgers on the sporadic occasions he decided to use him. With such a pathetic manager in an unhappy camp, being a young man away from home in a different country, like Kristiansen, it's absolutely no wonder we didn't see much from him. 

We can't give that same excuse to every young player we sign. Soumare had plenty of time and opportunities to show what he can do, yet very rarely offered anything more than his slow, lethargic manner. Maddison at his worst was a class above anything Soumare has given us, yet he somehow get's more stick than most in that relegation season, just because he said a couple of things on twitter. 

• Like 3

Still early doors, but I just wanted to say that I not a huge fan of any of the players that we've been linked to so far under Cooper's reign.

How is that in the summer when we were relegated to the Championship, we were linked with much more exciting, young quality players as opposed to the likes of Rodon or Moder? 

2 minutes ago, Iran said:

Still early doors, but I just wanted to say that I not a huge fan of any of the players that we've been linked to so far under Cooper's reign.

How is that in the summer when we were relegated to the Championship, we were linked with much more exciting, young quality players as opposed to the likes of Rodon or Moder? 

I'm guessing the club didn't expect the FA to come down as hard on teams that broke PSR as they have been. As you say last season in appoinint Maresca plus beating Southampton and Leeds to the signings of Coady and Winks early seemed like a statement of intent and "we'll buy our way back up."

Compare that to this season. We went for Cooper or Potter over Corberan because there was no fee involved. Most singings seem to be in the 5-10m camp...

• Like 2