Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Jakub Moder

We’ve had two players of our own out for longer who significantly contributed last season… they’re both older than Moder too. 

I suppose we should release Alves and Braybrooke too while we’re at it as they’re useless now after their injuries.

Some weird folk on here.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I’m half Polish so follow the national team a little bit. Moder is an OK player but nothing more. The best like for like Polish player would actually be Sebastian Szymanski who’s at Fenerbahce but they’d want a lot as he had almost 20 G+A last season. 

If we kept KDH and signed Moder as a squad option, that wouldn’t be so bad but losing KDH and signing him in a relegation battle… Moder is high energy and gets stuck in but we’ll badly miss the goal contributions. 

We may still go and sign other players, in fact I’m sure if it. We already need to replace Praet, Casadai and Albrighton in terms of numbers from Christmas time.

I’m just presuming it’s a cheap way of adding a body to the books that has no impact on the PSR, and that we’ll spend to replace KDH.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I still think that represents poor business. If we need a squad filler that isn't a carefully scouted young and dynamic player then Moder's teammate Steven Alzate is available on a free. 

Moder isn't much better than Alzate.

Frees will add money to the PSR calculations due to the agents fees. I’d imagine we can do a deal with Brighton to hide any such fees.

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

We’ve had two players of our own out for longer who significantly contributed last season… they’re both older than Moder too. 

I suppose we should release Alves and Braybrooke too while we’re at it as they’re useless now after their injuries.

Some weird folk on here.

He's also not very good though. You are right though, if we are going to block off Alves and Baybrooke's path to the first  team then we may as well release them, they arent going to be signing new contracts if they are not valued.

This transfer is not only -KDH + Moder but also likely -Alves as well, truly terrible.

22 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He's also not very good though. You are right though, if we are going to block off Alves and Baybrooke's path to the first  team then we may as well release them, they arent going to be signing new contracts if they are not valued.

This transfer is not only -KDH + Moder but also likely -Alves as well, truly terrible.

Absolute nonsense. Alves will play a big part next season.

Having said that, if a man who has coached some of the best talent this country has ever had thinks it might be an idea for him to have a 6 month champ loan… I’d back that! 

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Absolute nonsense. Alves will play a big part next season.

Having said that, if a man who has coached some of the best talent this country has ever had thinks it might be an idea for him to have a 6 month champ loan… I’d back that! 

Not nonsense though is it, it's fairly simple that if you sign senior players as depth then that blocks youth players from breaking through.

55 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Some weird folk on here.

But those players were already on our books and on long term contracts.

Signing a player with two serious knee injuries is a big risk. If statistically he looked great prior to injuries then im sure we'd be a little excited about the potential signing. As it stands he seems crap and most haven't heard of him. 

I find it weirder if people weren't questioning this sort of deal. 

@StriderHiryu I was reading this old report about Moder: 

https://targetscouting.com/2021/02/22/player-report-jakub-moder/

If this is accurate presumably he's a rotation option for Winks (who looked spent by the end of last season), or someone who can play in the double pivot role if we utilise that next season?

No way he's coming in as a like for like...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Some weird folk on here.

We aren’t paying 10m and probably 60k a week on wages for Alves and Braybrooke, and Moder won’t even improve our team. Weirder still people trying to defend this sort of signing, Rudkin getting his pants pulled down because Coopers agent needs another pay day. A signing like this just shows how badly run we are now and why we’re in so much ffp trouble, signed by Brighton 4 years ago, 2 years of 0 appearances and no goals or assists and they’re now offloading him to us with 1 year left on his contract for more than they bought him for. I bet they couldn’t believe their luck when Tops ringpiece asked the question, it screams of a Danny Ward style signing, with the amount of wages he’ll somehow get here, we’ll never be able to get rid of him. 

If this was a completely separate deal for 3/4m and him only being on 30k a week I don’t think many would grumble, but the fact it’s being touted as a swap deal where we sell our best asset for 20m that’s why people are kicking off. The problem isn’t with him signing it’s with the lack of ambition and lack of skills in negotiating that show we haven’t learnt any lessons in turning down shit deals for us. 

Sorry for the long rant 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

We aren’t paying 10m and probably 60k a week on wages for Alves and Braybrooke, and Moder won’t even improve our team. Weirder still people trying to defend this sort of signing, Rudkin getting his pants pulled down because Coopers agent needs another pay day. A signing like this just shows how badly run we are now and why we’re in so much ffp trouble, signed by Brighton 4 years ago, 2 years of 0 appearances and no goals or assists and they’re now offloading him to us with 1 year left on his contract for more than they bought him for. I bet they couldn’t believe their luck when Tops ringpiece asked the question, it screams of a Danny Ward style signing, with the amount of wages he’ll somehow get here, we’ll never be able to get rid of him. 

If this was a completely separate deal for 3/4m and him only being on 30k a week I don’t think many would grumble, but the fact it’s being touted as a swap deal where we sell our best asset for 20m that’s why people are kicking off. The problem isn’t with him signing it’s with the lack of ambition and lack of skills in negotiating that show we haven’t learnt any lessons in turning down shit deals for us. 

Sorry for the long rant 😂

Your have literally no idea what he’s valued at or what he’d be earning.

What is the point. Just tell Brighton put in a proper offer or **** off. They made 130 million profit. We don't want their cast off shit.

If we fall for this the people running the club are absolute ****ing morons. A mediocre player with a terrible injury record, we are doing Brighton a favour, he's worth zilch. 

• Like 4

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Because people would rather get £35m straight up for KDH than only £25m and a crap player who will add nothing to the squad but a body. 

But we need bodies too, so why not get a "good player"* and address both requirements at once?

* possibly

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Because people would rather get £35m straight up for KDH than only £25m and a crap player who will add nothing to the squad but a body. 

He also an extra wage we don't need to pay. Surely we need to be sensible with our wages, we have enough deadwood.

This is absolute first rate incompetence from those running the club. Rudkin needs to go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

But we need bodies too, so why not get a "good player"* and address both requirements at once?

* possibly

We aren't getting a good player though. One who's been injured for 2 years, done the grand total of **** all and Brighton want off their books as he has zero value with 1 year remaining. A stonking deal for Brighton indeed. 

• Like 1