Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Jakub Moder

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

We’ve had two players of our own out for longer who significantly contributed last season… they’re both older than Moder too. 

You'll struggle to find a Brighton fan who doesn't think he's been enormously underwhelming since he's come back from injury. 

Where as Ricky was phenomenal last year and Barnes put up great numbers after coming back. 

Nobody's saying you can't get over an acl, they're saying Moder apparently hasn't. 

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

We aren't getting a good player though. One who's been injured for 2 years, done the grand total of **** all and Brighton want off their books as he has zero value with 1 year remaining. A stonking deal for Brighton indeed. 

Been injured once, but yes it was a bad one. He also has 26 international caps for Poland, so doubt he is awful.

12 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

We aren’t paying 10m and probably 60k a week on wages for Alves and Braybrooke, and Moder won’t even improve our team. Weirder still people trying to defend this sort of signing, Rudkin getting his pants pulled down because Coopers agent needs another pay day. A signing like this just shows how badly run we are now and why we’re in so much ffp trouble, signed by Brighton 4 years ago, 2 years of 0 appearances and no goals or assists and they’re now offloading him to us with 1 year left on his contract for more than they bought him for. I bet they couldn’t believe their luck when Tops ringpiece asked the question, it screams of a Danny Ward style signing, with the amount of wages he’ll somehow get here, we’ll never be able to get rid of him. 

If this was a completely separate deal for 3/4m and him only being on 30k a week I don’t think many would grumble, but the fact it’s being touted as a swap deal where we sell our best asset for 20m that’s why people are kicking off. The problem isn’t with him signing it’s with the lack of ambition and lack of skills in negotiating that show we haven’t learnt any lessons in turning down shit deals for us. 

Sorry for the long rant 😂

Agree with all this but the bottom line is that our negotiating position is so weak. Rudkin is certainly inept but Henry Kissinger would struggle to get a good deal in the current circumstances. Other clubs know we need at least £25m by the end of the month and Brighton have exploited that desperation brilliantly from their perspective, to knock down the price significantly whilst getting an unwanted player off their books. If the only £25m+ deal on the table for KDH includes Jakub bloody Moder then, sadly, we probably have no choice but to accept it. I just hope doing this ensures that we do meet PSR rules because I wouldn't put it past our high quality executives to have miscalculated somehow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Agree with all this but the bottom line is that our negotiating position is so weak. Rudkin is certainly inept but Henry Kissinger would struggle to get a good deal in the current circumstances. Other clubs know we need at least £25m by the end of the month and Brighton have exploited that desperation brilliantly from their perspective, to knock down the price significantly whilst getting an unwanted player off their books. If the only £25m+ deal on the table for KDH includes Jakub bloody Moder then, sadly, we probably have no choice but to accept it. I just hope doing this ensures that we do meet PSR rules because I wouldn't put it past our high quality executives to have miscalculated somehow. 

This is the key question, but unfortunately we aren't going to know the answer until the spring. With the players we sold last summer and now KDH, if we fail for 23/24 we should all boycott games due to chronic financial mismanag until there's a change a the top!

Just now, moore_94 said:

Danny Ward has 41 caps for Wales, it isn’t really a way of proving whether a player is good or not

Just trying to suggest a positive spin in this sea of negativity, the point on injuries stands though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You'll struggle to find a Brighton fan who doesn't think he's been enormously underwhelming since he's come back from injury. 

Where as Ricky was phenomenal last year and Barnes put up great numbers after coming back. 

Nobody's saying you can't get over an acl, they're saying Moder apparently hasn't. 

Yeah that’s fair, but probably deserves a pre season and a shot here before being written off. 

Brighton were enormously underwhelming during the period he came back to be fair lol 

I respect prem players don’t come cheap nowadays but seems a bad deal going for this lad. Would rather the money straight from Chelsea and I suspect that’ll be where he hopefully goes. **** signing Moder as part of a separate deal though

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Your have literally no idea what he’s valued at or what he’d be earning.

It’s been touted that they want 10m, Winks came in last year for the same fee for 50k a week. Bearing in mind we have a habit of overinflating wages, daka 8k to 80k, soumare 12k to 78k, kapustka 800 quid to 33k etc etc. 

His value should be no more than 5m at absolute top end, 1 year left on his deal, average of 15apps a season for Brighton, they can’t get rid of him quick enough.

It would be another JR distaster

We find ourselves in a no win situation, PSR isn’t going away and we’re not Man City so we can’t ignore it. 

None of us want to see KDH leave, I for one was very critical of him the season we went down, but it’s fair to say it was his so called midfield partners Tielemans and Maddison not putting their fair share in so he tried to over compensate. 

A stand out last year and clearly is going to be pick up potential suitors, unfortunately we have Bobo the clown as our Director of Football so we’re all tight in the sphincter and worrying about losing a key man. 

If a deal is to be done I think it’ll be with Chelsea at the last minute and we should get a better deal out of it. According to Romano Chelsea were made aware of the Brighton deal developing so stepped in. Could we get £40-45m, maybe £50m given the market these days for English players. We did fiddle them for Drinkwater. 

KDH has said he doesn’t want to leave but unfortunately he’s a smaller cog in a bigger wheel which means it may be taken out of his hands. 

I’m praying we don’t end up with Moder, speaking to a polish lad at work he said he’s 💩 

15 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

It’s been touted that they want 10m, Winks came in last year for the same fee for 50k a week. Bearing in mind we have a habit of overinflating wages, daka 8k to 80k, soumare 12k to 78k, kapustka 800 quid to 33k etc etc. 

His value should be no more than 5m at absolute top end, 1 year left on his deal, average of 15apps a season for Brighton, they can’t get rid of him quick enough.

It would be another JR distaster

Those figures are made up, we don’t know any of them. 

A lot of conclusion jumping in this thread.

No one knows the details yet. Moder might be very cheap and worth the punt if he can stay fit. No one is claiming that he will be a direct replacement for KDH.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

We may still go and sign other players, in fact I’m sure if it. We already need to replace Praet, Casadai and Albrighton in terms of numbers from Christmas time.

I’m just presuming it’s a cheap way of adding a body to the books that has no impact on the PSR, and that we’ll spend to replace KDH.

That is possible, but then we could loan players for a season / loan with option rather than outright purchasing them.

This lad isn't terrible, but don't see him pulling up any trees. If we get relegated again I think he'd be a top end Championship player though. Overall he's just very underwhelming, though to be fair I thought that about Mavididi too. Given this season is going to be a struggle, I'm really hoping Glover can pull some more magic and find players like Hermansen and Fatawu.

If we sign him I'll certainly get behind him, but wow how optimisim has gone down the drain from just a few months ago...

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

Frankly a points deduction is more palatable than seeing Rudders again with his string pants around his ankles being rogered by someone at Chelsea.  Whoever is the major culprit that has screwed the Club needs to go. My old Sunday League Team was ran better.

He's not a replacement of KDH. He'd playdeeper , like Winks. And probably only be used as a squad player. We do need more bodies in Midfield, that's a fact.

I'm trying to look at the positives - he's tall, physical, technically he's probably passable. Brighton usually scout good players. However you can't ignore his injury record, lack of game time, lack of goal and assists.

It's just a vanilla, bog standard, mediocre signing. There's nothing more to say about it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

He's not a replacement of KDH. He'd playdeeper , like Winks. And probably only be used as a squad player. We do need more bodies in Midfield, that's a fact.

I'm trying to look at the positives - he's tall, physical, technically he's probably passable. Brighton usually scout good players. However you can't ignore his injury record, lack of game time, lack of goal and assists.

It's just a vanilla, bog standard, mediocre signing. There's nothing more to say about it.

Positives he can also play left wing back and Cooper likes players that allow tactical flexibility and has top flight experience.

It all depends on the fee I guess and if the injury has limited his ability.

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

A lot of conclusion jumping in this thread.

No one knows the details yet. Moder might be very cheap and worth the punt if he can stay fit. No one is claiming that he will be a direct replacement for KDH.

But therein lies the problem, we NEED a direct replacement for KDH if he’s going, we don’t need a squad player. But we’re spending money on a back up squad player when let’s be honest, with the financial trouble we’re in we’d be better of letting Braybrooke or Alves have a free hit at it. Spending money on Moder would limit how much we could spend on a replacement it’s just a complete mess the more I think about it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

That is possible, but then we could loan players for a season / loan with option rather than outright purchasing them.

This lad isn't terrible, but don't see him pulling up any trees. If we get relegated again I think he'd be a top end Championship player though. Overall he's just very underwhelming, though to be fair I thought that about Mavididi too. Given this season is going to be a struggle, I'm really hoping Glover can pull some more magic and find players like Hermansen and Fatawu.

If we sign him I'll certainly get behind him, but wow how optimisim has gone down the drain from just a few months ago...

Mavididi had put up numbers in one of Europe's top five leagues that were comparable to Harvey Barnes. 

And he cost us probably just over a million a year for FFP/PSR over the duration of his contract. 

Peanuts. 

Not quite the same tbf. Moder would be a lot less exciting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

But therein lies the problem, we NEED a direct replacement for KDH if he’s going, we don’t need a squad player. But we’re spending money on a back up squad player when let’s be honest, with the financial trouble we’re in we’d be better of letting Braybrooke or Alves have a free hit at it. Spending money on Moder would limit how much we could spend on a replacement it’s just a complete mess the more I think about it

We need both due to KDH leaving and shortages of plenty leaving. Moder would be ok as a squad player, and then we buy the replacement to feature in next years accounts. This is about getting us out of potential hot water in the FY23/24 period.

2 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

When you look at the depth of midfielders we have signed on for next season the Moder transfer makes sense to me. He’s definitely a talented player, with imposing size, if he can get over his injury problems he’s still got room for growth ability wise. It’s obvious there will be other midfield acquisitions because no one knows what will happen with Soumare and the below leaves you thread bare. I’d expect at least 1 or 2 more midfielders to come in.

Winks

Soumare

KDH

Hamza

Braybrooke

Raikhy

29th of May 2025.

Somebody has to want him. It's not football manager you know you can't just sell players like that, he's on a long contract and clubs in these other leagues can't afford the wages. We have to spend the money to compete, would you rather we just got relegated and cheaped out? And besides how was Rudkin supposed to know he'd do his ACL again? 

You don't know that we've refused offers anyway, the Hellas Verona deal could have been structured terribly for all we know. No one knows the isn ands outs so blindly blaming Rudkin is really short sighted when lots of people are involved in deals like this. Why don't you give the recruitment team stick? They would have identified him Rudkin just negotiates the deals.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I really think we’ve put up with a lot recently from the club recently. The fact there has been no sackings or rearrangement of staff around the PSR nightmare is absolutely baffling. Proof you can get away with murder at LCFC apparently. No public apologies, no statements to restore faith or attempts at keeping us more kosher, it’s an absolute disgrace and I genuinely think we should be talking about making our voices heard.