Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Glastonbury 2024

19 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Is the kasabian set watchable? 

****ing typical but I was watching last night and thinking how kasabian doing old kasabian stuff would be ****ing mint at glasto. 

If you've not seen it yet, it's worth a watch. 

Crowd were class, the band were awesome and Serge nails being a front man. 

I have seen them more than anyone else (first time at Leicester uni in 2005)  and never thought they could do it without Tom but they are as good if not better live now. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I have seen them more than anyone else (first time at Leicester uni in 2005)  and never thought they could do it without Tom but they are as good if not better live now. 

Just watched it rather than the shit headlining tonight. 

Incredible performance and easily one of the best crowds of the weekend 

On 29/06/2024 at 18:13, foxfanazer said:

Watching Bloc Party. Seeing them at Crystal Palace next weekend 

Enjoy. Was fortunate enough to see them at a small venue last year and they were great. Wasn't sure how they'd be without Matt Tong but the new drummer is great and injects loads of stage presence.

Starting to catch up on some of the weekend's sets now. Excited to see how Kasabian and The Streets got on, like the big white Britisg make millennial stereotype I am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Really surprised me, was expecting it to be completely rubbish (big fan myself) but Serge stepped up and put in a heck of a performance so I agree with a lot of your points.

I do still think they miss Tom to an extent though. As great as Serge was I'm not sure he quite has the same presence. Also think they massively miss Tom's input into songwriting as Serge's new stuff is pretty poor, and I don't think it's a coincidence that their best tracks on Saturday were their older stuff. 

One real positive that I took from Saturday is that I didn't think I'd be going to another Kasabian concert again but that performance has absolutely changed my mind. 

Shout out to the crowd too. What an amazing audience, proper embraced everything that Kasabian is about. I'd have paid a lot of money to be in the middle of it all, looked class! 

Edited by ian__marshall

1 hour ago, ian__marshall said:

Really surprised me, was expecting it to be completely rubbish (big fan myself) but Serge stepped up and put in a heck of a performance so I agree with a lot of your points.

I do still think they miss Tom to an extent though. As great as Serge was I'm not sure he quite has the same presence. Also think they massively miss Tom's input into songwriting as Serge's new stuff is pretty poor, and I don't think it's a coincidence that their best tracks on Saturday were their older stuff. 

One real positive that I took from Saturday is that I didn't think I'd be going to another Kasabian concert again but that performance has absolutely changed my mind. 

Shout out to the crowd too. What an amazing audience, proper embraced everything that Kasabian is about. I'd have paid a lot of money to be in the middle of it all, looked class! 

They have enough to keep the crowd going and bring in the odd new one but yeah it's a new style they have now. 

I'm not going to the viccy park gig but Im seriously tempted to try and get a ticket 

I know the line-up wasn't brilliantly received this year but there's been some great performances. Mike Skinner was on top top form, amazing set. 

Kasabian, The National, Little Simz, Fontaine's, Yard Act, Idles, Disclosure all looked brilliant. 

On 29/06/2024 at 11:25, Blueman1967 said:

Paul Heaton was good, new female singer was good as well.

Good to see Fatboy Slim back with him as well.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, bmt said:

Right whose set is worth watching? Avoided most of them due to fomo

No one one looking at the line up, ****ing rancid offensive to even label it music let alone a festival. **** me…..

Edited by Pliskin
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

No one one looking at the line up, ****ing rancid offensive to even label it music let alone a festival. **** me…..

Haha I thought that looking at the main stage but there was a lot further down the lineup 

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

What would be your preferred line up because you sound far too angry about this for somebody who probably didn’t go 

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

What would be your preferred line up because you sound far too angry about this for somebody who probably didn’t go 

To be fair, I don’t know why I reacted so angrily to it, considering it’s a festival would never consider going to. I think it’s just my irrational and venomous hatred for Cold Play….. 

• Like 1