Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Glastonbury 2024

Still catching up on iPlayer but really could do without artists giving us their political views and telling us how to live our lives. 

Note to IDLES: the anti-monachy thing was done in 1977 before you were born :yawn:

8 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I think IDLES are rubbish, maybe I just don't get it, I've got mates that love them but it proper passes me by.

I said this earlier in the thread. Completely agree, don't get it one bit

I usually rely on Glastonbury to enlighten me to new music, a new band that I can get excited about. It's failed miserably this year, for me anyway. Not actually enjoyed anything. Watched Last Dinner Party as I thought I liked them. I don't, but at least I now know. 

On 30/06/2024 at 17:21, Libertine said:

Alvvays. :wub:

The best! Saw them at the o2 in Leicester a few years back and dot to dot last year. Hella fun. Would recommend a band called Men I Trust who are similar

• Like 1

On 30/06/2024 at 11:44, bmt said:

I don't get Idles. It's rock music for people who don't like or understand rock music

Rock music for the middle classes holidaying I’m working classness. 

Posted (edited)

Not seen anyone that blew me away. Dexys are one of my all time favourite bands but just too old now. Kasabian are rubbish. Coldplay boring. Baxter Dury was ok but self indulgent. I just don’t like Idles because they’re middle class boys (my own chip I understand). Streets were decent but didn’t knock me over. Lots of OK stuff but music is sooooooo bland these days. I’m old. Modern music isn’t “for me” I get that but I wish is scared me a bit. If I was watching all these modern bands thinking “Christ these are ****ing awful I hate them they scare me” I’d love it. But they’re just all nice and ok. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1