Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

so i guess you think spurs spending £55mil on Solanke is a good deal then if you compare

This is a great point I would rather this guy from Greece than solanke who in my opinion is too limited to be worth anything over 30 million 

Edited by em9999

Looks a good player but I hope we are still looking for a central attacking midfielder. There is no point splurging all this cash on a striker when we have nothing in midfield.

Unless we are going to be relying on a 19 year old on loan from Brighton to be our main creator?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Feels like Kramaric who we signed our first season back in 14/15, similar age and only played in his homeland.

In fairness, Kramaric wasn't really cut out well for the Premier League. He's neither quick nor really strong, it's an extremely athletic league and our style of football definitely didn't fit him anyway.

This time we're signing an absolute unit with great feet for his size who is deceptively quick and holds the ball up well. He'll suit the league well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, em9999 said:

This is a great point I would rather this guy from Greece than solanke who in my opinion is too limited to be worth anything over 30 million 

and the fact hes had 1 good season in the premier league, its a hell of alot and a gamble imo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Anyone who can hold the bring others into play, I can't cope with 38 games of the ball bouncing of different parts of Daka.

This is the main upgrade I think of Ioannidis coming in versus Daka, and even a fit Vardy.

His hold up play is excellent, and he can come deep and is very strong on the ball, as well as being quick enough to run in behind. 

Mavididi, Fatawu, DCR and some of the more lively attacking players will hopefully be able to link up well with him.

Ioannidis is very well coveted and one of the most exciting forwards and - on paper - best fitting signings we could make.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Just watched his highlights video.

First thought was he reminded of Kermogant in his playing style. Second thought was the way he sticks his arse out was very much like peak Wellens.

I'm a big fan.

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

What relevance does your frankly outlandish comparison have here?

your moaning about us going for a striker and a proven prem winger.....

like what are you expecting, for one FI has been linked with numerous european clubs, Sporting for one(and they rarely go wrong with players, suspect its more if VK goes)

if we can get both for what, £35mil....so just wake up

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Do some fans genuinely think that England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain are the only leagues worth buying from? 

Of course it will be a considerable step up for him, but Ioannidis can do it all and that’s not an exaggeration, @Ric Flair will back me up on that. 

He’ll give you pace, strength, ball carrying ability, link up play and vision. Panathinaikos and Greece fans absolutely love him, and a large chunk of them would probably say he’s the best player from Greece right now

There’s a reason why he’s been on the radar of some established teams in Europe’s top five leagues, because he’s been on an upward trend over the past couple of seasons. 

That’s a fact. He’s won the Greek super league player of the season twice in a row in 22/23 and 23/24. We wouldn’t be getting a clogger here, we’d be getting the best GSL has to offer.

He's got the potential to explode in the right team. Hopefully that’s with us. Ioannidis and Zaha coming in would leave me much more confident in attack and would give us two significant goal threats that we badly need.

• Like 2

Is it possible that we see this guy as our attacking midfielder? All the videos of him are him linking up in midfield and on the wing. There is the worry that maybe he doesnt have the strikers instinct to make the right runs and score goals, which seems to be backed up by him not scoring much in Greece. He seems to have a good scoring record in the Europa league though. Still he looks like a good player.

16 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Do some fans genuinely think that England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain are the only leagues worth buying from? 

Of course it will be a considerable step up for him, but Ioannidis can do it all and that’s not an exaggeration, @Ric Flair will back me up on that. 

He’ll give you pace, strength, ball carrying ability, link up play and vision. Panathinaikos and Greece fans absolutely love him, and a large chunk of them would probably say he’s the best player from Greece right now. 

There’s a reason why he’s been on the radar of some established teams in Europe’s top five leagues, because he’s been on an upward trend over the past couple of seasons. 

Yes

20 minutes ago, MPH said:

what a strange post.

i have a feeling people will be upset with Rudkin no matter what he does..

Not strictly true i.e. if he were to say resign I think the majority of the people on this site would be delighted with him.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I sometimes feel that if I am not here 24x7 I tend to lose sight who we are hating on, surely Fotis would be a good catch?  :blink:

These forums have become way too toxic lately, its just constant moaning with little to no substance. 

Lazio showing interest.  When will be told he only wants to play in Rome???  Either get this done quickly or do not bother Rudders and move for Ayew.  Signing the latter will define your achievements for this Club.