Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

16 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yes

0-F9-F7-B29-9663-4599-96-A3-6-A440-FE522

17 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Is it possible that we see this guy as our attacking midfielder? All the videos of him are him linking up in midfield and on the wing. There is the worry that maybe he doesnt have the strikers instinct to make the right runs and score goals, which seems to be backed up by him not scoring much in Greece. He seems to have a good scoring record in the Europa league though. Still he looks like a good player.

Doubt it tbh, even though I think he has the tools. 

What Ioannidis gives you is both sides of the game, he’ll drop deep and link play, while also having the ability to produce creative passes for the players running off him. 

He’ll also give you the option of running in behind defences and working the channels. 

He scored 16 goals in the Greece Super League last season, while he topped the Greece Super League charts for goals and assists combined. While he scored five goals in the Europa League, only four other players scored more. 

• Like 1

Promising player for me. Sporting wanted him in case Gyokeres went to a Champions League PL club, and Gyokeres is a high pressing all rounder modern forward.

My issue isn't the player it's that after seeing preseason, I don't trust the manager to utilise him correctly. Against Lens we tried 3 players up front; Daka, Mavididi and Cannon and Cannon was the only one that was able to get a shot at goal! There's no service.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

They are deffo panicking over yesterdays results. Usually means one thing.. disastrous signings 

He's someone we watched all year and is clearly our priority target in the 9 position.

We're just in a situation right now where we need 3 or 4 players and probably only have about 30 odd million to spend so we need to decide what positions we cover with loans and what we use the money on.

Until Daka got injured, it looked like we were going to use our second loan on a striker from Atalanta but now that he's hurt and Zaha is available on loan we'll probably spend the money on a striker and loan in a winger / attacking midfielder.

Don't think it's panic to be honest, it's just responding to situations.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

So are we thinking this guy would benefit from a strike partner?

Is he more of a hold up & knock on merchant? 

With Zaha, Fatawu and someone else around hopefully it’s more bring them into play rather than needing a strike partner

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

0-F9-F7-B29-9663-4599-96-A3-6-A440-FE522

Doubt it tbh, even though I think he has the tools. 

What Ioannidis gives you is both sides of the game, he’ll drop deep and link play, while also having the ability to produce creative passes for the players running off him. 

He’ll also give you the option of running in behind defences and working the channels. 

He scored 16 goals in the Greece Super League last season, while he topped the Greece Super League charts for goals and assists combined. While he scored five goals in the Europa League, only four other players scored more. 

Daka scored 4 in one game once, in the Europa League 👀

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Promising player for me. Sporting wanted him in case Gyokeres went to a Champions League PL club, and Gyokeres is a high pressing all rounder modern forward.

My issue isn't the player it's that after seeing preseason, I don't trust the manager to utilise him correctly. Against Lens we tried 3 players up front; Daka, Mavididi and Cannon and Cannon was the only one that was able to get a shot at goal! There's no service.

Gyokeres is very untidy and will.not be effective in the pl

• Haha 3

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Daka scored 4 in one game once, in the Europa League 👀

We have to sign someone, what we have now is clearly not good enough. 

We're not a particularly attractive place to be right now, so we're going to have to take a risk, but I'm not about to discount someone purely based on the league they play in.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Can we confirm his surname is four syllables? 

Need to make sure I've got the chant right for his debut. 

Du du du, Fotis Ioannidis. 

Not sure mate, it’s all Greek to me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

We have to sign someone, what we have now is clearly not good enough. 

We're not a particularly attractive place to be right now, so we're going to have to take a risk, but I'm not about to discount someone purely based on the league they play in.

From a facilities and wages perspective we are, depending on where the player is coming from and what wage they are on

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

22m on some unknown striker from the Greek league and 8m on a loan for Zaha

But sure, funds are tight and we can't go for any of the promising targets. Rudkin genuinely go and **** yourself

Everyone is unknown at some stage. 

29 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep I agree. I'm cheering myself up by reminding myself that Cooper will only be around for about 1/6th of Fotis' contract. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

If, and it's an enormous if, this goes through, we might look a bit better upfront and should have a bit about us. I still think we'll get outbid by Southampton or some random French side.

Was just thinking how inevitable it is he ends up at Bournemouth.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I agree. The only thing I would say is that Cooper himself has highlighted that he's been playing players out of position and we need players in those positions who fit them. This is at least suggests that he won't, given the chance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Do some fans genuinely think that England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain are the only leagues worth buying from? 

Of course it will be a considerable step up for him, but Ioannidis can do it all and that’s not an exaggeration, @Ric Flair will back me up on that. 

He’ll give you pace, strength, ball carrying ability, link up play and vision. Panathinaikos and Greece fans absolutely love him, and a large chunk of them would probably say he’s the best player from Greece right now. 

There’s a reason why he’s been on the radar of some established teams in Europe’s top five leagues, because he’s been on an upward trend over the past couple of seasons. 

It's the same with O'Riley. For me it's when a player is just blatantly, abundantly too good for the level he's at. This appears to be the case with both Ioannidis and O'Riley.

I'm as doom as anyone about us atm but this would be a good signing. Everything we don't have in attack.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

From a facilities and wages perspective we are, depending on where the player is coming from and what wage they are on

We have amazing  facilities, a history of progressing players who sign for the top clubs in Europe, and an enviable recent history with a fair amount of silverwear to show for our achievements- all of which should make us a fantastic place to be at, but let's be realistic about the current state we're in, we're going to be few top players first choice destination.