Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Just being real. We can't afford it.

Well, we probably can. As looks like we are favouring the loan to buy option. So provided his wages aren’t astronomical, we could afford to spend big on one signing. 

• Like 2

I don't think we'll need to spend £30m to get Ioannidis. 

Their record signing and sale is Djibril Cisse for about £6.8m (incoming) and £4.1m (outgoing). That was about 15 years ago, and bar Anton Berg and a young Greek CM who both went for small ~£3m fees they haven't sold anyone of value in the last 10 years or so, so the money on offer here is crazy for them.

It will be a permanent move though - I can't see them letting their best young talent in a generation go out on loan.

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Has it been said he will cost £30m?

Thought our previous bid was £23m. I know it’s not been accepted, but don’t see this going up to £30m. Would be crazy figures for the Greek League. 

Just now, Foxes96 said:

Thought our previous bid was £23m. I know it’s not been accepted, but don’t see this going up to £30m. Would be crazy figures for the Greek League. 

Depends if that £23m was the upfront fee or the total package as well

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Has it been said he will cost £30m?

I was sure I had seen £30m quoted from when it became apparent our £23m bid and Ipswich's £25m bid were turned down but now I can't find where I saw that lol 

Either way. It's north of £25m so still pretty eyewatering.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I was sure I had seen £30m quoted from when it became apparent our £23m bid and Ipswich's £25m bid were turned down but now I can't find where I saw that lol 

Either way. It's north of £25m so still pretty eyewatering.

€30 million equates to around £25 million; it’s always important to check what currency the transfer fees are quoted in.

https://www.givemesport.com/southampton-fotis-ioannidis-transfer-news/

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Don't hide mate, it's nothing to be ashamed about.

The classic "I know you are but what am I".

Our finances are in the shit mate. We're about £100m short of meeting PSR's £105m loss over 3 rolling seasons and the season just gone in the Championship is going to put a huge dent in that. You can sit there and pretend we can still afford to splash the cash and King Power absolutely can but Leicester City cannot. I have an eye on the club's future and I can see it being extremely bleak if/when we go down this season.

The hope is that PSR rules are relaxed (and I think this may happen) but it's about time the club stopped chucking money about in stupid areas to solve the problems that have gathered as a result of chucking money about in stupid areas.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

You fancy sharing you calculation of how you have worked out we are 100m short on PSR and what healthy deductions you have includes? 

Also want assumptions you have made for wages, amortisation, other expenditure and income? 

I'm not claiming anything just disputing you claim you know what we can and can't afford.

All I did was add up 3 numbers of publicly available information mate.

2022/23 - £89.7m loss.

2021/22 - £92.5m loss.

2020/21 - £33.1m loss.

Meaning all in all we've lost £215.3m in the last three seasons which is £110.3m more than we're permitted to lose. Since then we've had a huge financial hit of being in the Championship, we lost a very lucrative sponsorship with FSB and we had to pawn off assets for less than their market rate so it will be much, much worse when last season's accounts are released given we no longer have assets we can sell for £40m+.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

2022/23 - £89.7m loss.

2021/22 - £92.5m loss.

2020/21 - £33.1m loss.

Meaning all in all we've lost £215.3m in the last three seasons which is £110.3m more than we're permitted to lose. Since then we've had a huge financial hit of being in the Championship, we lost a very lucrative sponsorship with FSB and we had to pawn off assets for less than their market rate so it will be much, much worse when last season's accounts are released given we no longer have assets we can sell for £40m+.

It does need to be stressed that you can’t take the accounts figures at face value for PSR because there’s deductibles that come into play within those periods.

For example, I think the 21/22 period includes around £36 millions worth of allowable Covid losses from memory.

• Like 1

I understand this is a complex deal so not slagging the club off for this particular incident however we are absolutely incompetent from top to bottom. we are at panic stations trying to get complex deals over the line because we havent managed to get any deals done earlier in positions we actually need and now we have a worser team than last year with a less than a week to go until the season. 

Edited by les-tah

I'm not sure the current team would gain promotion from the Championship if we were still there. Playing this bland type of football with no perceived plan and arguably a weaker squad is quite frightening with 5 days to go before our first game.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

2022/23 - £89.7m loss.

2021/22 - £92.5m loss.

2020/21 - £33.1m loss.

Those figures are just the starting point of the calculations, then there are healthy deductions.

Two of those have also drop out of the PSR account period, 2021/22 - 2020/21.

The current 3 yeat cycle included this season 24/25 and 24/23, 23/22.

49 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

2022/23 - £89.7m loss.

2021/22 - £92.5m loss.

2020/21 - £33.1m loss.

It’s isnt £105m allowed losses

its £83m

47 minutes ago, les-tah said:

I understand this is a complex deal so not slagging the club off for this particular incident however we are absolutely incompetent from top to bottom. we are at panic stations trying to get complex deals over the line because we havent managed to get any deals done earlier in positions we actually need and now we have a worser team than last year with a less than a week to go until the season. 

This has been a window with a major international tournament and a new manager appointment - things that get in the way of making swift transfer decisions in all directions.

Add in a tight financial situation - and some knock backs from initial targets, there are reasons behind the ‘lack’ of activity.

The obvious outlier of all this is the Okoli transfer… which makes me think there was supposed to be a significant transfer out of a player in the same position that has perhaps not materialised?