Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

7 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

This has been a window with a major international tournament and a new manager appointment - things that get in the way of making swift transfer decisions in all directions.

Add in a tight financial situation - and some knock backs from initial targets, there are reasons behind the ‘lack’ of activity.

The obvious outlier of all this is the Okoli transfer… which makes me think there was supposed to be a significant transfer out of a player in the same position that has perhaps not materialised? 

This was meant for zaha🤣 multiple tab issues

8 minutes ago, les-tah said:

This was meant for zaha🤣 multiple tab issues

The same point stands for whichever transfer (or failed transfer) you want to apply it to.

Put simply, this is not an easy window to do early business and I think you can look at a lot of clubs in much better positions to us who have also struggled to get deals over the line.

Of course one key thing I did miss out from my previous points on this - we’re not exactly the most attractive of destinations right now!

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The obvious outlier of all this is the Okoli transfer… which makes me think there was supposed to be a significant transfer out of a player in the same position that has perhaps not materialised? 

Faes is the obvious one. Nobody is paying money for the other dross at the back.

• Like 1

not seen nothing new on this "southampton" bid, just the footyinsider and givemesport ones, which dont 100% anything in regards Southampton putting in a bid, "set to make"

all alot of could would and should's 

should probably hear more on him tomorrow after their game against Ajax tonight

On 14/08/2024 at 11:32, DJ Barry Hammond said:

It does need to be stressed that you can’t take the accounts figures at face value for PSR because there’s deductibles that come into play within those periods.

For example, I think the 21/22 period includes around £36 millions worth of allowable Covid losses from memory.

Plus training ground loan repayments etc.

Edited by Strokes

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

So, has there been any official developments on this guy today?

The last suggestion was Panathinaikos want to keep him for their Euro qualifiers.

One of those is tonight, but if they lose against Ajax, they then drops into a Conference League qualifier - with those games taking place towards the back end of August.

That probably means that if this transfer is to happen, it’s more likely to be towards the end of the window.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The last suggestion was Panathinaikos want to keep him for their Euro qualifiers.

One of those is tonight, but if they lose against Ajax, they then drops into a Conference League qualifier - with those games taking place towards the back end of August.

That probably means that if this transfer is to happen, it’s more likely to be towards the end of the window.

and f##kin Tete gets the winner. You couldn't write this sh#t!!!!!!!

• Haha 2