Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

14 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Only a week until our first game. No rush or anything :yawn:

This the problem - another day will drift by and with Rudkin seemingly taking weeks to get 1 deal over the line, I've little faith in 3 or 4 signings before next Monday.

8 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

The lack of faith shown in Jon Rudkin by some on here is just disrespectful imho, he’s been staying at a 5* hotel in Greece for the past 2 weeks trying to sort the initial stages of a deal on this one, cut him a break! 

Unfortunately Panathinaikos isn't in Santorini. 

9 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

As @Ric Flair mentioned, its in our favour that other clubs considering signing him are normally very good at player identification (Sporting and Bologna)

But it's not in our favour if he choses to join us because that would point towards him being a lad that lacks a brain cell.

• Haha 3

I don't know the player, but looking at his stats, the one that jumps out at me is the less than one goal every four games in the Greek league whilst playing for the best team.  A bit underwhelming that. 

Reminds me of another time, when all the hipsters were raving about a player and telling us to ignore the stats.  That player was soumare. 

18 minutes ago, Bergen fox said:

I’m unsure on this 1 feels like a slimani transfer.

has a good record in a poor league. 

How many strikers are available to us that have a good goal scoring record in a good league(s) - other than the guy we have already that’s coming towards the end of his career?

And what’s the sort of price tag on those strikers - Solanke’s just gone for £60 odd million for example.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I don't know the player, but looking at his stats, the one that jumps out at me is the less than one goal every four games in the Greek league whilst playing for the best team.  A bit underwhelming that. 

Reminds me of another time, when all the hipsters were raving about a player and telling us to ignore the stats.  That player was soumare. 

Personally after looking at him he's less comparable as a player to someone like Vardy and more similar to someone like Maddison. His goal scoring record even last season would be fairly unimpressive if he was a pure box striker but he looks more like a 10 to me.

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Erm, he got a goal contribution every 0.92 games for Panathinaikos last season. 

I don't know about assists but 37 goals in 154 games whilst playing for the best team in a poor league and being the penalty taker doesn't seem to correlate to all the hype, but as I say, I don't know the player. 

Just now, murphy said:

I don't know about assists but 37 goals in 154 games whilst playing for the best team in a poor league and being the penalty taker doesn't seem to correlate to all the hype, but as I say, I don't know the player. 

Firstly, Panathinaikos haven't won the league in nearly 15 years and last season they finished 4th in a league with 14 teams. 

Secondly, last season was his breakthrough season and the first time in his career he was the main man. It was the first time he's played 20 or more league games in a season.

He only turned 24 last year. Not every player is a Hlozek or Tielemans, smashing it from 16 or 17. At 24, Vardy was kicking it around non league. 

I mean look at someone like KDH, he's a year older and he only really started to bloom last year didn't he? And he needed to drop to the Championship to do that. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I will say if Panathinaikos have turned down our offer then they’ve lost their minds. That’s a great offer for a Greek team.

We bidding for the whole team then? Probably not a bad idea after Saturday's performance! ;)

• Haha 1