Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

3 hours ago, murphy said:

I don't know the player, but looking at his stats, the one that jumps out at me is the less than one goal every four games in the Greek league whilst playing for the best team.  A bit underwhelming that. 

Reminds me of another time, when all the hipsters were raving about a player and telling us to ignore the stats.  That player was soumare. 

Just bare in mind he’ll probably get better service from Mav, Fats, and maybe Zaha and the AM we got aswell as the AM we are chasing.. all I would hazard a guess will be better than the players he is playing with..

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Just bare in mind he’ll probably get better service from Mav, Fats, and maybe Zaha and the AM we got aswell as the AM we are chasing.. all I would hazard a guess will be better than the players he is playing with..

He’d also be up against better defenders and keepers by the same logic?

Just now, DezFox said:

Would love both. Maybe? 

I expect our plan is to sign Hlozek and a 9 yeah. We've had a look at Toure from Atalanta as well who is obviously similar stature to Ioannidis. It looks like we're after a big unit to play up top. 

I am telling you we will not sign this guy and not sure we had any intention, we are getting ourselves linked and having interest and bids leaked to make it look like we are being ambitious, when in truth I don’t think we are remotely interested in investing in players of this ilk and cost. 

• Like 3

I really like the look of this guy. Has pace, drive and can carry the ball as well as finish. I think he fits what Cooper is trying to do… get us a bit more direct and inject speed across the front 

Even if we don’t get Ioannidis, I think it’s pretty evident that we’re targeting players that give us ball carrying ability to get us up the pitch and threaten on counter attacks. 

Ioannidis averaged 2 progressive runs per90 in the Greece Super League last season, unfortunately there’s not many realistic strikers around who posted above that last season. 

For example, the only strikers in the Premier League to average over that number were Darwin Nunez, Gabriel Jesus, Alexander Isak, Nicolas Jackson and Joao Pedro. 

• Like 2

Percy does not normally shout if it has not got legs- a lot of other sources including Romano and id agree with some of the above but cannot see Percy biting at the club fishing- does not often happen to him anyway

Edited by jv1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Percy does not normally shout if it has not got legs- a lot of other sources including Romano and id agree with some of the above but cannot see Percy biting at the club fishing- does not often happen to him anyway

Legs are surely the bare minimum our targets should have!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am telling you we will not sign this guy and not sure we had any intention, we are getting ourselves linked and having interest and bids leaked to make it look like we are being ambitious, when in truth I don’t think we are remotely interested in investing in players of this ilk and cost. 

Agreed. Rudkin has messed up yet again and he is going for smoke screen tactics now in an effort to try and deflect the flack that will inevitably come his way when we end up with Ayew and nobody else.

10 minutes ago, jv1 said:

As with the Soule deal, there’s a real lack of comprehension of a percy tweet. Just read what he says. If he says a bid has been made, that’s probably true,  that doesn’t mean it’s a done deal.  He never on either deal stated that it was done or even was close… just that we were trying. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Hope this does happen. I know I’m being greedy but him, Hlozek and Zaha really take us to the next level. 

Agreed. Although I still think we'll then need a Huth type loan come January to sure up the inevitable shipping of goals to keep us up... but those 3 would certainly make the games interesting.. both teams to score on every bet builder