Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

Just now, Lambert09 said:

if there’s a player smashing it in your league and you know they are a top top player… of course you’d try to sign them. 

I think we’ve been linked with a lot of players in belgium because naturally we have eyes on that market through leuven. I understand that we’ve not done too much but just feels like there would an extra layer of expertise. 

The panathaikos owner would be hung by their fans if he sold a player to the olympiakos owner 

It’s simply not an option for forest 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The panathaikos owner would be hung by their fans if he sold a player to the olympiakos owner 

It’s simply not an option for forest 

really it’s that bad? 

I’d have thought they just see the dollar signs.  Just surprised he’s not at least been linked to them. He’s the type of forward they’ve used for the last couple of seasons. 

Just a general observation though maybe they scouted and just see better value elsewhere or maybe you’re right and they realise it’s not feasible with their owner 

48 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Just made the mistake of checking out Twitter/X thing. Seems that he's going to Southampton, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Sporting or now signing a new and improved contract at his current club. 

:claude:

Do not worry Starmlin will ensure that X will be closed down. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I wonder if our interest is genuine, we made a bid then others like Southampton came in then Panathinaikos are playing hard ball to get more money. Which they have a right to do. Then we went looked at Adam Hložek instead? Maybe?

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

I wonder if our interest is genuine, we made a bid then others like Southampton came in then Panathinaikos are playing hard ball to get more money. Which they have a right to do. Then we went looked at Adam Hložek instead? Maybe?

Reminds me of when we were in for Chris Mepham supposedly and then out of nowhere Soyuncu and Benkovic both signed on deadline day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Me too. A triple swoop of Fotis, Hlozek and Zaha would be unbelievable. Everything crossed we can pull this off!

Think we have more chance of signing Tom, Dick and Harry

12 hours ago, Ed 1 said:

I can actually imagine there being some truth in this tbf. We went through it with Yunus last year didn't we. 

If I were Panathinaikos (or Ajax selling Bergwijn for that matter) I'd want to get EL qualifying dealt with first. 

It's only tomorrow night. Won't stop us buying over the weekend and at this rate even if we signed him he was never gonna play against Spurs anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I can actually imagine there being some truth in this tbf. We went through it with Yunus last year didn't we. 

If I were Panathinaikos (or Ajax selling Bergwijn for that matter) I'd want to get EL qualifying dealt with first. 

It's only tomorrow night. Won't stop us buying over the weekend and at this rate even if we signed him he was never gonna play against Spurs anyway. 

I believe if Panathinaikos is lose against Ajax, they drop into the Conference League Playoff round qualifier; and I think the article is suggesting if that was the case they’d want to keep him to play in those games as well.

The legs for that round of fixtures are scheduled for the 22nd and 29th August - so just before the window closes.

Just now, James_lcfc said:

If we bring Fotis and Hlozek in, I'll accept Ayew.

Ayew on his own and we're all done with the club! lol

Haha I suppose! 

If we land Fotis and Hlozek, the power and pace we will have at the top end of the pitch would struggle to be rivalled….. as @Ric Flair said, this next 24-48 hours could make or break the season. The club have got to do the necessary deals. 

• Like 3