Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

"They're still weighing up if he's worth it"

August 16th.

lol

Don’t be so negative. That article was probably written yesterday - the 15th, not the 16th! They might have finished the weighing up process by now for all you know…

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

August 16th.

lol

Our Scouting techniques are superb.  This really sums up the mess we are in.  The only explanation is they have other targets they consider are a better fit, but I doubt this reality.

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

August 16th.

lol

Give Rudders a break, he's in the middle of an internal investigation into whether or not he should have got staff discount on his training tracksuit. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

August 16th.

lol

Percy said we have already put a bid in for him as well

Rudkin must be like Vicky Pollard during negotiations

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, beastfootballx said:

Athletic is tier 1

Get over yourselves! How do we not realise we aren’t going to attract the perfect players anymore? More dithering around while someone like southampton snatch him up. 

On 13/08/2024 at 06:47, Ric Flair said:

Reminds me of when we were in for Chris Mepham supposedly and then out of nowhere Soyuncu and Benkovic both signed on deadline day.

Could literally be the difference between getting a result vs spurs or not...but they still are taking an age to decide if they want him and now it's too late!

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

August 16th.

lol

Hmmm. The issue with trusting a Tier 4 source "quoting" a Tier 1 source.

The comments below - which seams to be what LCX are 'quoting' - are clearly pre Hložek' knobbing off. They don't talk about whether Ionnadis is 'worth' the money, but the viability of using so much of the budget on him i.e. how it affects other transfers, including perhaps (at the point it was written) Hlozek's. 

Given the Hložek development, we might have rapidly* reached a 'we've got **** all else to spend it on now' position**

* hoho

** a day too late haha

In writing the above, I understand that I have hereby argued for the sake of it and defended the club against all possible claims of being shit. Furthermore, I will continue to do so.

"Leicester have made approaches to sign Bayer Leverkusen forward Adam Hlozek on loan with a view to buy, as well as Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis, who is understood to be valued at £25million. That would represent a considerable investment for Leicester even after the £30m sale of Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Chelsea in June, a deal that eased Leicester’s concerns over a PSR breach for last season. It would take up a significant chunk of the budget and Leicester must weigh up whether it is viable."

Edited by turtmcfly
put quotes round the quoted bit, cos it's a quote

15 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Hmmm. The issue with trusting a Tier 4 source "quoting" a Tier 1 source.

The comments below - which seams to be what LCX are 'quoting' - are clearly pre Hložek' knobbing off. They don't talk about whether Ionnadis is 'worth' the money, but the viability of using so much of the budget on him i.e. how it affects other transfers, including perhaps (at the point it was written) Hlozek's. 

Given the Hložek development, we might have rapidly* reached a 'we've got **** all else to spend it on now' position**

* hoho

** a day too late haha

In writing the above, I understand that I have hereby argued for the sake of it and defended the club against all possible claims of being shit. Furthermore, I will continue to do so.

Leicester have made approaches to sign Bayer Leverkusen forward Adam Hlozek on loan with a view to buy, as well as Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis, who is understood to be valued at £25million. That would represent a considerable investment for Leicester even after the £30m sale of Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Chelsea in June, a deal that eased Leicester’s concerns over a PSR breach for last season.

It would take up a significant chunk of the budget and Leicester must weigh up whether it is viable.

I thought he had already signed for someone 

Have I missed something 

3 minutes ago, John rayner said:

I thought he had already signed for someone 

Have I missed something 

If I've missed Ioannadis signing for someone, you haven't.

If I haven't, you've missed that it's not about Hložek

3 hours ago, beastfootballx said:

Athletic is tier 1

That’s not what was said 

Leicester have made approaches to sign Bayer Leverkusen forward Adam Hlozek on loan with a view to buy as well as Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis, who is understood to valued at £25million. That would represent a considerable investment for Leicester even after the £30m sale of Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Chelsea in June, a deal that eased Leicester’s concerns over a breach of profit and sustainability rules for last season.

It would take up a significant chunk of the budget and Leicester must weigh up whether it is viable.