Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

18 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

i guess with Southampton going for Archer, we could have a shot here, but I fully expect us to miss out

Rudkin will probably counter them and put a bid in for Jeffrey Archer instead, weighing up pre season he could probably do a better job than some even if he is mid 80s now. 

• Haha 1

Can you imagine how different things would have turned out for us if we'd had this attitude to transfers back in 2012?

I know we started off wrong with the transfer policy when Sven came in but we'd learnt by the time Pearson arrived.

"Is this striker from Fleetwood really worth a million??? Let's wait it out. Weigh up to see if he's really worth it. Oh, someone else has signed him. Never mind. Tell Walsh to stop wasting his time looking at the lower French leagues, you'll never uncover any gems there. He needs to be scouting players who are over 30 only. We want experience with no sell on value whatsoever. We need a striker as back up for Nugent. I wonder if we can loan Marlon King for a season?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm hoping, but am not holding my breath, that even the incompetent cockwombles in charge of our club can see that our striker situation constitutes a crisis and that we go hell for leather in getting at least one in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

So we put in a bid of 35m (?) for Soule, desperate to get in but 25m is now a significant chunk of the budget - despite apparently making the bid earlier in the week - we are controlled by agents. We are such a corrupt football club. 

Football is corrupt, not just Lcfc  either

23 minutes ago, MPH said:

“ weighing up to see if he’s worth it”?

Let’s go back to buying Lee Philpott for £300,000 shall we!!

Thats not what was said.

“Leicester have made approaches to sign Bayer Leverkusen forward Adam Hlozek on loan with a view to buy as well as Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis, who is understood to valued at £25million. That would represent a considerable investment for Leicester even after the £30m sale of Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Chelsea in June, a deal that eased Leicester’s concerns over a breach of profit and sustainability rules for last season.

It would take up a significant chunk of the budget and Leicester must weigh up whether it is viable”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Perhaps if we hadn't blown around 15m on yet another centre half? 

The bid for Soule and the bid for Fotis came after the CB purchase - its dodgy. 

4 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Football is corrupt, not just Lcfc  either

True 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Perhaps if we hadn't blown around 15m on yet another centre half? 

The signing of Okoli was very strange and the only explanation for me pointed towards Cooper going 3 at the back.

No we’ve persisted with a 4-2-3-1 that we don’t have the players for.

We don’t have a striker capable of leading the line. 

We don’t have any competition to Winks or a fading Ndidi.

We have no attacking left back.

Its fkin tragic. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Thats not what was said.

“Leicester have made approaches to sign Bayer Leverkusen forward Adam Hlozek on loan with a view to buy as well as Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis, who is understood to valued at £25million. That would represent a considerable investment for Leicester even after the £30m sale of Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Chelsea in June, a deal that eased Leicester’s concerns over a breach of profit and sustainability rules for last season.

It would take up a significant chunk of the budget and Leicester must weigh up whether it is viable”

Yep. And right now, pinned at the top of this thread is the phrase 'Athletic is tier 1', which might be true, but ignores the fact that the tweet in question is a Tier 4 source adding its own sauce to the actual quote. Weakest link in the chain, and all that.

• Like 1