Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

11 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Why do Sporting even need him when they have Gyokeres? Or is Gyokeres leaving?

thats what I've been saying, would be odd for Fotis to go Sporting if hes gonna be second fiddle all the time

only way imo he goes Sporting is if hes replacing VG

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

thats what I've been saying, would be odd for Fotis to go Sporting if hes gonna be second fiddle all the time

only way imo he goes Sporting is if hes replacing VG

Sporting have been looking at him for ages (as have we it seems), so they clearly feel they can play the two together… but it’s also probably a bit of succession planning too.

One way or another, this transfer will be resolved soon it seems - Sporting have just sold Fernandes to Southampton.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Sporting have been looking at him for ages (as have we it seems), so they clearly feel they can play the two together… but it’s also probably a bit of succession planning too.

One way or another, this transfer will be resolved soon it seems - Sporting have just sold Fernandes to Southampton.

true, it would be an odd one tho, just at Sporting's model if you get me, they do what we used to in a sense, buy low-ish then sell high, 

its one of them im just unsure of myself; 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Now we find out we have just spent the Fotis / Striker money on Skipp :ph34r:

I could well see us having to bring a striker and attacking midfielder in on loan. Non priority positions should have been the loan deals, but here we are. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I could well see us having to bring a striker and attacking midfielder in on loan. Non priority positions should have been the loan deals, but here we are. 

I think we will bring in a CF, CAM and LB for money and maybe another CF or CAM on loan.

Always thought we would spend around the 80m mark, sort of around 10m to 15 m on our yearly amortisation depending on contract lengths.

I think the Hložek loan deal was us trying to be smart rather than having no money and it just bit us on the ass.

Edited by coolhandfox

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I think we will bring in a CF, CAM and LB for money and maybe another CF or CAM on loan.

Always thought we would spend around the 80m mark, sort of around 10m on 8-10m on our yearly amortisation depending on contract lengths.

I think the Hložek loan deal was us trying to be smart rather than having no money and it just bit us on the ass.

Hmmmmm I'm not sure. I think we'll spend another £10-15m on 1 player and get 1-2 more in on loan.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We can only have two PL loans and levy would want the dosh this season as an academy sale so very psr  lucrative 

we still have one PL loan we can make and foreign ones 

Just now, st albans fox said:

We can only have two PL loans and levy would want the dosh this season as an academy sale so very psr  lucrative 

we still have one PL loan we can make and foreign ones 

Hideous business. 

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmmm I'm not sure. I think we'll spend another £10-15m on 1 player and get 1-2 more in on loan.

The reason I say that is I think we had the Skipp deal done for a while.

I don't mind loans if they are with a option or obligation, in fact it could do us a favour.

I suspect will 100% do another PL loan deal.

I still think there is a lot of action to be done by a lot of clubs.

13 hours ago, Guest said:

4th top for goals + assists in the league behind three players who are now playing in the Premier League, for a team who finished a point above the relegation zone, suggests to me he can't really have been that cack

Well he has scored 3 in his last 21 appearances in the Championship so why you think he would be a good signing for the Premier League is beyond me …. … I live in Plymouth and have seen him numerous times … even Plymouth fans think he is overated 

25 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Well he has scored 3 in his last 21 appearances in the Championship so why you think he would be a good signing for the Premier League is beyond me …. … I live in Plymouth and have seen him numerous times … even Plymouth fans think he is overated 

I didn't say I thought he would be a good signing for the Premier League so I'm not surprised it's beyond you, it's also beyond me. There are people on this forum who watch Leicester every week and have been doing so for decades but it doesn't mean that their opinion on Leicester players becomes objective fact. You could have been born in the centre circle at Home Park and yet I would still feel quite comfortable in my position that 27 goals+assists for one of the worst teams in the division is probably not the record of someone who is "cack bar a couple of decent games", unless all 27 came in those two games.

And yes, apologies to anyone coming into this thread expecting news about Fotis Ioannidis.

On 01/07/2024 at 11:19, Reginaldo said:

Don’t need him we have Tom Cannon and he’s gonna be the new Shearer. Bookmark it.

Bookmarked 

Looks like Cannon has a good chance to start and opportunity to take..  , I'd love you to be right.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yes, from Sporting I’d expect

Sporting have the lad from cov don't they?

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Sporting have the lad from cov don't they?

Yeah and he is unreal for them so signing Fotis doesn't really make much sense unless they sell him

Although they don't really have any backup to him but I can't imagine he would want to move to be a squad player for them