Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

There’s no way we are spending 20 on skipp and spending upwards of 20 on this guy. Might as well close the thread 

Well, we bid over £20m for Soule knowing we’d need a striker as well, so I doubt you’re right?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

So you reckon with what we’ve spent so far we’ve got 50m to spend? No chance 

My guess before we started was we would spend 80m, based on the fact its add around 16m per year on to our amortisation.

We have spent roughly around 50m so far I think we will spend another 30m odd.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

My guess before we started was we would spend 80m, based on the fact its add around 16m per year on to our amortisation.

We have spent roughly around 50m so far I think we will spend another 30m odd.

Before Skipp €39m, so plenty of scope

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

So you reckon with what we’ve spent so far we’ve got 50m to spend? No chance 

The issue is not having money, we have money. The issue is complying with PSR. If you spend £25m on two players on 5 year contracts (£50m total), it adds just £10m to your PSR for the year (plus wages). So that should be doable, yes. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/08/19/leicester-city-premier-league-ready-steve-cooper-summer/

Leicester’s bid to sign another top target, Panathinaikos forward Fotis Ioannidis, will require a fee approaching £30 million.

Unfortunately this becomes a deadline day wait to see if they lower the price. 

Nobody’s paying 30m.  To be honest i don’t see anything wrong with offering 5m in add ons if we survive.  But after the skipp deal i’d be surprised if we have another  25m around. 

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Nobody’s paying 30m.  To be honest i don’t see anything wrong with offering 5m in add ons if we survive.  But after the skipp deal i’d be surprised if we have another  25m around. 

With our transfer budget, we can always take a punt on being able to sell someone for profit come June (seems like we did that last year) - and in my mind you could potentially take that gamble with Ioannidis himself.

We’d have to position the move as a stepping stone to get him - so be straight with him.

If we go down, there’s a release clause for what we paid for you, if we don’t there’s still a release clause of something like £40-£50 million that wouldn’t be prohibitive towards a further move next year or the year after if he’s a success.

54 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Pretty confident we spend another 30m whether that's on 1 player is another thing.

We MIGHT HAVE created some shenanigans with skipp where we haven’t technically spent much of our budget on him, but offset what they still owe us for Maddison. Whatever our budget is, I don’t think it’s anything to do with PSR, it’s more to do with operating cash… so if we’ve used madders money or not, we’d be within PSR to get this guys too, we just might not have the cash to..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

We MIGHT HAVE created some shenanigans with skipp where we haven’t technically spent much of our budget on him, but offset what they still owe us for Maddison. Whatever our budget is, I don’t think it’s anything to do with PSR, it’s more to do with operating cash… so if we’ve used madders money or not, we’d be within PSR to get this guys too, we just might not have the cash to..

Don’t we generally recognise our transfer income through loans from Maquire?

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes.

You can see all the charges Macquarie have registered as part of their loan facilities for these transactions on Leicester City Football Club Limited’s Companies House page;

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04593477/filing-history

However - there hasn’t been a charge registered since October 2023 - in relation to the Barnes and Castagne transfers (the documents show what the charges relate to).

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

With our transfer budget, we can always take a punt on being able to sell someone for profit come June (seems like we did that last year) - and in my mind you could potentially take that gamble with Ioannidis himself.

We’d have to position the move as a stepping stone to get him - so be straight with him.

If we go down, there’s a release clause for what we paid for you, if we don’t there’s still a release clause of something like £40-£50 million that wouldn’t be prohibitive towards a further move next year or the year after if he’s a success.

Problem is that we don't have many high value players left in the squad. Fatawu and Mads are the only 2 that we could potentially get big money for now, I think. Cooper is busy filling up the squad with even more players with no resale value. 

13 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Harry?  He already paid for Seagrave bless him. 

14 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Pretty confident we spend another 30m whether that's on 1 player is another thing.

Nah Rudkin will have looked at the score last night and told Cooper his squad is good enough. 

Joking aside though, we showed some great fight and courage last night, so if we could add 2 more quality signings, we possibly could have enough to stay up. A striker and a left back would be ideal.

• Like 1