Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Nah Rudkin will have looked at the score last night and told Cooper his squad is good enough. 

Joking aside though, we showed some great fight and courage last night, so if we could add 2 more quality signings, we possibly could have enough to stay up. A striker and a left back would be ideal.

Its fair to say thats an assumption and not a joke tbf

8 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The challenge is finding a striker who is willing to sign for us but also happy/prepared to accept being 2nd fiddle to Vardy.  

So most likely we end up with a Weghorst type of signing rather than Fotis. 

Or somebody who is willing to understudy one of the best strikers of their generation for a year before taking over completely

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

I do like the look of Haji Wright from Coventry, I think he could make the step up buy him for £15m and then loan out Cannon?

I like him too but I think he's a bit more of a left winger rather than an actual number 9. With Mavididi and Reid I don't think we need another for the price he would cost. Would sooner we spent a small amount of the budget on Ayew who can play in all 4 forward positions off the bench and then go all out for a proper number 9 to alleviate some of the pressure on Vardy because currently I worry who will score goals for us if he gets a knock. He was clutching his hamstring after his big miss last night.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I do like the look of Haji Wright from Coventry, I think he could make the step up buy him for £15m and then loan out Cannon?

Would be a big fan of this. 

Yes he's currently a LW, but no reason he couldn't be merged into the current system given Reid played a lot of yesterday next to Vardy. 

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We simply can't have the window close without us signing a striker

Say that rules out Ayew then. Good.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I like him too but I think he's a bit more of a left winger rather than an actual number 9. With Mavididi and Reid I don't think we need another for the price he would cost. Would sooner we spent a small amount of the budget on Ayew who can play in all 4 forward positions off the bench and then go all out for a proper number 9 to alleviate some of the pressure on Vardy because currently I worry who will score goals for us if he gets a knock. He was clutching his hamstring after his big miss last night.

Haji has played much more as a striker than on the wing over his career. That's not a problem. Not convinced Cov would be keen on selling him though.

No question he proved himself as a productive player in the Championship, and internationally. Very physical - strong, fast. I don't see any obvious reason he couldn't make the step up to the PL.

On 20/08/2024 at 05:59, Claudio Fannieri said:

The challenge is finding a striker who is willing to sign for us but also happy/prepared to accept being 2nd fiddle to Vardy.  

So most likely we end up with a Weghorst type of signing rather than Fotis. 

Jamie is never going to be able to start every game or even play much more than 70 minutes. I also doubt that he will  go through the season without injury so we definitely need a quality striker to share the duties with JV.

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Have a feeling we are waiting for Panathanaikos to realise that anything over 20m for a striker who has had one good season in a poor league is stupid. 

Their Conference League qualifier kicks off against Lens tomorrow - so nothing is happening on this one for a while yet now.

On 21/08/2024 at 10:41, Muzzy_no7 said:

Have a feeling we are waiting for Panathanaikos to realise that anything over 20m for a striker who has had one good season in a poor league is stupid. 

Greek football clubs owners operate under mafia rules. These players can't even force their transfer and way out of their clubs. They can't do a Mahrez, Chilwell or whatever. If the owner wants 25M it's 25M. If the player is arguing they send 2 "strange" guys to have a word with him. Afterwards the player makes a statement saying he's happy at the club. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

This is too quiet now. We've moved on

You say that, but Sporting seem no further on this either.

Panathinaikos were clear, definitely no deal until their Euro’s situation is sorted - and that’s still to be sorted.

That said - I don’t think we can complete this inside this window.

9 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

Hopefully their gaffer taking a leaf out of Arteta's book by letting him captain before being sold, preferably to us! 

He’s been their captain multiple times before, probably just a regular game and they’ve priced him out of a move