Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5721878/2024/08/26/leicester-cooper-forwards-transfers/

The club have already seen one offer rejected for Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis and they could look at him again, but the forward will not come cheap. A deal could cost more than £25million ($33m) and they are not the only suitors assessing the Greece international.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He's had one good season in a shite league. Why are so many on here convinced he's worth that amount of money? 

I mean, Daka had far superior stats to him at the time we signed him.

Is it just desperation for someone, preferably exotic?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

He's had one good season in a shite league. Why are so many on here convinced he's worth that amount of money? 

I mean, Daka had far superior stats to him at the time we signed him.

Is it just desperation for someone, preferably exotic?

'cos we all like a new centre forward. Fan psychology.

We could most likely find a more useful striker out of the Championship but that would be dull.

Just now, st albans fox said:

I think it’s too much for us 

hence no more chatter on social media since we made an offer of sorts a coupe of weeks back 

You’re probably right mate, let’s hope it’s one of them out the blue here we go’s 😂

16 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Well if you can recommend a quality striker who has proven himself over more than one season in a top league, and who is both: a) affordable; and b) willing to join us, I’m sure the club will be all ears. 

I know it's easier said than done, but it's almost worth investing more money in the scouting system than some of the players we have brought. The likes of Brighton are picking up some gems at an absolute pittance.

Similar to us when we actually had a scouting network and picked up the likes of Vardy, Mahrez, Kante etc etc..

We're just like Fifa career mode now. Set some basic filters for about 6 leagues and go for the best player available at the cheapest price.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Well if you can recommend a quality striker who has proven himself over more than one season in a top league, and who is both: a) affordable; and b) willing to join us, I’m sure the club will be all ears. 

Ayew?

We’re so desperate for someone to hold it up and bring people into play. Our front 4 was assaulted against Fulham. 

We’ve got to gamble on someone like this. If we’ve bid previously then we must be able to finance it despite the Skipp deal. If he’ll join us we have to make it happen. 

Edited by Levi Port
  • Like 1

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

Benfica are selling Marcos Leonardo to Saudi and plenty of reports/chatter this evening over in Portugal that Ioannidis is coming in to replace him 

That will be all three big Portuguese clubs that have been in for him at some point !