Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a feeling Ayew is pur striker and once El Khannouss is in it's highly unlikely we bring anymore players in.

That would properly twist my melon. Can’t go into the season with Vardy and Ayew……. One thing you have to have one striker hitting double figures, especially in a relegation battle. But it would be a classic move by us….. sign a bunch of creative players and not sign a striker……….

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

That would properly twist my melon. Can’t go into the season with Vardy and Ayew……. One thing you have to have one striker hitting double figures, especially in a relegation battle. But it would be a classic move by us….. sign a bunch of creative players and not sign a striker……….

He might rate Daka

55 minutes ago, ronnup said:

He might rate Daka

He’s currently got one foot! 

To be fair, long term now we’ve actually got wingers and decent CAM Daka may be presented more opportunities. Daka we know comes alive in the penalty area…. So, potentially could be good for him when he’s back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

To be fair, long term now we’ve actually got wingers and decent CAM Daka may be presented more opportunities. Daka we know comes alive in the penalty area…. So, potentially could be good for him when he’s back.

Also the fast counter attacking play that has been played on a few occasions - this will suit Daka's game more with his pace. I would still like another option like Weghorst.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Also the fast counter attacking play that has been played on a few occasions - this will suit Daka's game more with his pace. I would still like another option like Weghorst.

He's gone to Ajax.

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The way Percy words this in with the other players makes me think any chance for Fotis is dead

“Bids for other targets including Matías Soulé, Wilfried Zaha, Armando Broja, Fotis Ioannidis and Gabriel Sara have all fallen through in a frustrating window for last season’s Championship winners.”

If that’s the case, best to move on quickly.

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The way Percy words this in with the other players makes me think any chance for Fotis is dead

“Bids for other targets including Matías Soulé, Wilfried Zaha, Armando Broja, Fotis Ioannidis and Gabriel Sara have all fallen through in a frustrating window for last season’s Championship winners.”

It's a tough deal to do, assuming they want him to play tomorrow in Europe.

I am hopeful the number 9 we buy isn't one that's been mentioned yet. Hopefully something breaks later today...

16 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I think he does have pace. Daka’s issue is his poor movement. Very ineffective despite the pace.

I would also add lack of football intelligence to that as well. He seems to be quite reactionary in his play, his pace and ability to run around a lot makes up for a player who is poor in possession. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Hurts my heart to know we actually were genuinely in for Sara and ****ed up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Hurts my heart to know we actually were genuinely in for Sara and ****ed up. 

Only saving grace is he's extremely slow which may or may not been a limitation for us that we couldn't deal with. Everything else in his game would have been an improvement to us. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only saving grace is he's extremely slow which may or may not been a limitation for us that we couldn't deal with. Everything else in his game would have been an improvement to us. 

Extremely slow in the same way that patson is extremely fast ??

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Pace is no good if you can’t control the ball when you’re put in.

• Like 1