Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He's spent all his career in Greece to date and last season was the only one where he's scored goals regularly, but he did perform in the Europa League also

Tbf you say that like he's 29.

Hes 24 years old, just coming in to his prime isn't he. 

• Like 1

Ipswich wanted him earlier in the window and bid over £20 million I think and they wanted a lot more. Looks good but would he come to Leicester - I suppose Theo Zagorakis could put a good word in for us perhaps!

Edited by Edingleyfox

1 minute ago, Edingleyfox said:

Ipswich wanted him earlier in the window and bid over £20 million I think and they wanted a lot more. Looks good but would we come to Leicester - I suppose Theo Zagorakis could puta good word in for us perhaps!

i suspect Ipswich bid was rejected cos it probably totalled to just over £20mil including add ons, either way theyve got Delap now

2 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Ipswich wanted him earlier in the window and bid over £20 million I think and they wanted a lot more. Looks good but would he come to Leicester - I suppose Theo Zagorakis could put a good word in for us perhaps!

Bet he’s on the blower to him now 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf you say that like he's 29.

Hes 24 years old, just coming in to his prime isn't he. 

I'm just going by his stats, I don't know alot about the guy but I've also noted 9 of his 23 goals for his club last season were penalties

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We mostly use fbref for percentile charts and they only measure the top X few leagues in Europe. 👀

Haha, where's his radar chart?! Or is that from fbref too?! 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

If we splash the cash on any striker before we invest in a proper midfield then we'll get relegated. 

Daka, Vardy, Cannon or even Mavididi will score more goals with a good midfield behind them than a better striker would score with a bad one.

If we line up with BDCR at 10, Mavididi being forced inside in to a 10 role and have VK as the wide left outlet then paying 25-30m for the next big thing centre forward is just pissing money up the wall. 

You could stick Haaland up top for us and we'd still struggle to score.