Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Panathinaikos striker Fotis Ioannidis

I know we showed interest earlier in the transfer window but is there any legit links that offer even a glimmer that this is a deal we are interested in progressing? 

personally I think if we do bring in a striker, it will be a domestic based deal and will be solely dependent on us moving on Cannon and whether it is a loan or perm will also determine the structure of our incoming deal. 

8 hours ago, indierich06 said:

Most clubs don't wait until the day before the window ends before they start trying to sell players to fund a deal. We've only just started trying to seek a permanent deal for Cannon in the last few days. If we knew we had to sell to buy, and we wanted Ioannidis then we should have got moving before now. That's why we're ridiculous. 

Oh, didn't realize you worked at the club and knew every little detail about what we're doing and when 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Link them mate. If any of these sources say we have only just started to seek a permanent deal for him this week I'll buy you a pint.

Since you're incapable of googling 'Cannon permanent deal', here you go. But yeah I'm sure he's been available for transfer all summer and it's just coming out now for no reason. Keep your pint 👍

Screenshot_20240830-081014.png

55 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Oh, didn't realize you worked at the club and knew every little detail about what we're doing and when 

It's been reported that we're looking to sell him permanently this week. Regardless of whether we're looking to sell him to bring someone in, or we're just trying to raise funds for whatever reason, waiting until the last few days of the window is objectively stupid, why are you sticking up for these wasters who are running the club into the ground with their incompetence?

2 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

It's been reported that we're looking to sell him permanently this week. Regardless of whether we're looking to sell him to bring someone in, or we're just trying to raise funds for whatever reason, waiting until the last few days of the window is objectively stupid, why are you sticking up for these wasters who are running the club into the ground with their incompetence?

In fairness none of us our fully aware of the circumstances regards this, it could be the player pushing for a permanent move rather than a loan or maybe a couple of clubs have initially approached for a loan deal and then made tentative enquiries about availability on permanent move and it has developed from there. 

8 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

In fairness none of us our fully aware of the circumstances regards this, it could be the player pushing for a permanent move rather than a loan or maybe a couple of clubs have initially approached for a loan deal and then made tentative enquiries about availability on permanent move and it has developed from there. 

Or we've only had low bids and are playing hard ball. Adding some time pressure to negotiations to try and drive up the fee.

16 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you that there is a level of incompetence when it comes to our transfers strategy, but the fact remains that we don't know what's going on in the offices behind closed doors. 

We could have always been looking to sell him, they might have only just decided that they need to in order to fund a move for someone else. We don't know what's happening, we never will know all the facts.

But back to my original points, literally every other club is doing, or has done, the same as us. The rules are to blame on this occasion more than the egits in charge

On 29/08/2024 at 07:52, Stadt said:

I’m getting ready to eat my words as Friday approaches and Rudkin lands everything we need!

GWOQdGXXIAAyqeZ.jpeg.99c9c4d7dc9ab0aa802d024265cb62bb.jpeg

Aw man but this time I really thought it'd be different!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 30/08/2024 at 06:21, Claudio Fannieri said:

I know we showed interest earlier in the transfer window but is there any legit links that offer even a glimmer that this is a deal we are interested in progressing? 

personally I think if we do bring in a striker, it will be a domestic based deal and will be solely dependent on us moving on Cannon and whether it is a loan or perm will also determine the structure of our incoming deal. 

His missus is Eleni Voulgaraki.

Can you see her hanging around Leicester /

Seagrave with Rebecca Vardy? :ph34r: