Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Portugal vs Slovenia - Monday 1st July - 8pm

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

All I can say is Portugal v France will be a good contest and guarantees a big wig out in the quarter finals, hopefully France out. 

To be honest I don’t know why I want Portugal out so much, they are very beatable and would be better if france went out 

If I was a manager I’d insist on players taking penalties either drilled on the ground or put high.

Why players put them at that height is baffling 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

If I was a manager I’d insist on players taking penalties either drilled on the ground or put high.

Why players put them at that height is baffling 

There's no such thing as an easy penalty no matter where you put the shot. Put it where you feel confident to score. 

The advantage will always lie with the taker.

Edited by Parafox

I'd always to tell a player to kick a penalty has hard as you can, always beat the keeper no matter what and never let him be hero by getting a glove to it. If you miss then it's better hitting row Z than see a keeper claim the glory. Best type of penalty, is a Paul Gallagher special. When I took pens whenever I never looked at the keeper just focused on the ball, I always thought the harder you kick it the faster it'll travel and less time for the keeper to react.

13 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

I'm starting to feel better about England being shit now.

I know what you mean... there's no real benchmark in this competition 

I'm surprised Ronaldo didn't try to take all the Portugal pens...and the Slovenian ones

I'd nearly forgotten how many Portugese players are in the upper echelons of players I really really dislike...Pepe, Ronaldo. Rat Boy, Cancelo but most of all Jota.  My god I really dislike Jota.

Supremely talented squad however who would have a decent chance of winning the tournament if they had a decent manager,  with big enough balls to not let Ronaldo manage on his behalf.

Like a spoilt kid who brings his ball to the playground and wont let anyone else play with him.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I'm surprised Ronaldo didn't try to take all the Portugal pens...and the Slovenian ones

I'd nearly forgotten how many Portugese players are in the upper echelons of players I really really dislike...Pepe, Ronaldo. Rat Boy, Cancelo but most of all Jota.  My god I really dislike Jota.

Supremely talented squad however who would have a decent chance of winning the tournament if they had a decent manager,  with big enough balls to not let Ronaldo manage on his behalf.

Like a spoilt kid who brings his ball to the playground and wont let anyone else play with him.

So glad we lose one of my most hated in the next round (Portugal/France). At this point the Spanish are worthy of my support to the final. Even then you’ve got that willy puller Rodri prancing around for them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I can only assume alongside the massive world leading arrogance that is Mr Ronaldo, the rest of them think they are normal, whereas in fact they are also massive willy pullers.

7 hours ago, trabuch said:

At least there is a worse team than England through to the 1/4 finals.

They arent THAT bad.

Atleast they made chances and attacked.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Parafox said:

I know what you mean... there's no real benchmark in this competition 

Spain.

Stand out team, no doubt will lose now though🤣