Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

How will you vote on Thursday?

How will you vote on Thursday?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote on Thursday?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • Green
    • Reform
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/24 at 16:01

We should probably do another one of these on Thursday anonymised, I'd genuinely be interested in seeing how many people are voting the likes of Reform.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

There's more than 2 parties you know :)

I mustve accidently click load before id finished... ive updated :)

Also made it anonymous :)

Edited by ozleicester
  • Thanks 1

Random question - what's the most random party you've had flyers for?

I've had one for Party For Women. Never heard of them before but they are proudly blatant in their anti trans stance. Sad really.

Edited by Nalis

I've had flyers for Conservative, Labour, Green, Reform and two local Independants - nothing form the Liberal Democrats!

I’m LD, buy may well vote Labour tactically. Though mine is a new constituency (Melton & Syston), it’s almost certain to be Conservative, even now.

Noticed there is a Rejoin EU candidate on the sheet, so might even vote for him as a mini protest. 

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I've had flyers for Conservative, Labour, Green, Reform and two local Independants - nothing form the Liberal Democrats!

I got my LD flyer a couple of weeks ago; the rest all arrived on the same day.

2 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

What do you want Starmer to do in opposition when the Tories have an 80 seat majority? He's pressured them in the Commons, made sure they're held to account for the shit they do and consistently had Labour polling well above where they were at the last General Election. Labour aren't going to win by default, they've worked hard over the last 5 years to expose the Tories and to broaden their appeal so that it's not just a smug holier-than-thou cult of people who think being morally superior to everyone else is more important than getting into power, stopping the Tories doing what the Tories do and undoing some of the damage they've done to our public services. Labour are a party that's incapable of winning by default, the system is literally set up so they can't just win by default, they played a huge part in Johnson's unravelling and they've done remarkably well in the commons to keep the pressure on them in spite of their limited numbers, they've earned the vote of anyone who actually cares about all of the people in the country.

Agree. Starmer has had an incredibly difficult job to do. Firstly, he’s had to fend off the far left of the party who - regardless of what you believe in - cannot win a national election. Secondly, he’s had to court the centre (which wins elections) whilst not appearing unpalatable to the Labour red wall voters who all did a 180 and voted Con last time. 

As a confirmed anti-Brexit fundamentalist, I’m frustrated that the main parties have ignored it during this election cycle, but in Labour’s case, I completely understand why. They need the middle ground and the gamgams.

• Like 4

The only candidates (or their staffers) I've seen campaigning here are Labour and Lib Dem

Unless she's only bothering to pop in to the bits of Cossington/Wymeswold/etc with expensive homes I think the current Tory MP Jane Hunt has gone completely into hiding. I don't think I've ever heard, seen or read about her doing anything useful for the constituency. Current and past Labour candidates have been far more involved with the community in my experience

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Random question - what's the most random party you've had flyers for?

I've had one for Party For Women. Never heard of them before but they are proudly blatant in their anti trans stance. Sad really.

oh yea that's Klu Klux Kellie's bandwagon. they're pure single issue (and that single issue is trans bad) but are frankly hilarious. bunch of sad middle class bastards walking around Lincoln waving spatulas and declaring that the high street is derelict because women can't have penises. which, I'm no city planner but I don't think that's how urban redevelopment works.

for reference: I'm only half kidding, one of them did walk around Lincoln with a spatula for their council election campaign:

https://x.com/thelincolnite/status/1781070275443831241

I'm probably gonna vote green. not an inspiring bunch of candidates, the usual labour, lib Dems, tories, reform. one independent I've seen nothing from, some weirdos called the Yorkshire party who want a devolved parliament in Leeds, and the greens.