Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

How will you vote on Thursday?

How will you vote on Thursday?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote on Thursday?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • Green
    • Reform
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/24 at 16:01

8 hours ago, foxile5 said:

What would be the rough estimate for timings on Thursday - when will results start to roll in?

I'm incredibly keen to watch it unfold and just want to inform the other half what time I'll be lurching into bed.

There's the usual embarrassing race in the North-East to be the first to declare within the first hour.

Have a nap after the exit poll and get up about midnight, I reckon.

I usually want Labour to be more radical but this would scare off a lot of voters. I think a lot of people that would benefit most from a radical Labour government don't vote. I have a lot of sympathy for the Greens but under our system and living in a marginal Tory seat that has previously been Labour I'm not going to do anything to to risk a split anti Tory vote and they get back in. Labour for me.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
Posted (edited)

Fascinating how the biggest piss-takers on this thread are the most staunch Labour voters.

To think we’ve got 4years minimum of this bollox, fills me with dread. 
We need a change, but whether Labour is ‘the answer’… I remain very sceptical. And the last time they were in power was every bit as bad as things are now. 
I don’t think people will be voting for any left/right differentiation. There isn’t much of one anymore. I think people are voting for ‘competence’ as in, the Tories have proven themselves to be incompetent and are simply hoping that Labour will be more competent.

Labour have learnt from their cock-ups of last time and do seem more ready to govern this time I think. 
Itll be interesting but, as I said, the thought of having to suffer more of the plonkers on here, ain’t great.

Edited by Col city fan

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I really hope we can get through the last 48-72 hours of this without the thread getting canned - it's gone well so far.

I think the six weeks have been a brilliant example that we can talk politics on the forum. 

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I think the six weeks have been a brilliant example that we can talk politics on the forum. 

I agree. I just hope that it doesn't end up pulled when we're so close to the finish line.

15 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I agree. I just hope that it doesn't end up pulled when we're so close to the finish line.

Welcome to Foxestalk, stranger 😂

I'm actually saddened by the sheer number of votes for reform. Just so I can understand, for the people who will vote reform, can I ask your reaons why? Not trying to start anything here by the way, I am just genuinely curious?

• Like 2

Exactly how well Reform will do feels like the great mystery of this election. We know Labour will win a majority. We know the Conservatives will get hammered. We know the Lib Dems will do moderately well. But how will Reform do?

My instinct - which I’m hesitant to say because it’s also what I’d prefer to see - is that they’ll be at the lower end of projections. I just don’t think there’s a “silent” vote for them because most of their voters seem to be queuing up to shout it from the rooftops, much like Corbyn’s supporters five years ago.

Take car.

Go to mum's.

Kill Rishi’s hopes.

Grab Liz.

Go to the Winchester.

Have a nice cold pint, and celebrate 14yrs of Tory shite being over.

GOce2o9XwAArC5J.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Up and getting ready to leave - presiding over a polling station in Ealing today.

All I can say is however you plan to vote, please do go down to your station and cast one!

• Like 4