Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Michael Golding

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

i’m delighted we’ve been a bit more smart in choosing a player, letting chelsea palm off some flop would have been a disaster. Especially as the big names weren’t that bothered about joining.

My only issue, is that we’ve gone for a player that on the surface is very similar to braybrooke. one of the 2 likely now gets a career blocked and weirdly i’d preferred this to be a right back or something. 

I know they could play different roles but the chances of both getting opportunities are probably doubtful. Either way, get them both out on loan! 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Braybrookes a 6, Alves a 10/winger, this kid being touted at his best at 8

Just now, Lambert09 said:

i’m delighted we’ve been a bit more smart in choosing a player, letting chelsea palm off some flop would have been a disaster. Especially as the big names weren’t that bothered about joining.

My only issue, is that we’ve gone for a player that on the surface is very similar to braybrooke. one of the 2 likely now gets a career blocked and weirdly i’d preferred this to be a right back or something. 

I know they could play different roles but the chances of both getting opportunities are probably doubtful. Either way, get them both out on loan! 

I don't think it matters that they're similar players. As you say, get them out on loan.  If they're both successful we have an excellent dilemma on our hands (ultimately depending on which division we find ourselves in after the loans) and hopefully have a couple of Omari Hutchinsons on our hands in terms of where they're at.

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Braybrookes a 6, Alves a 10/winger, this kid being touted at his best at 8

Well that's great for our u21's.... Can we please start planning for a Premier League campaign please? :unsure:

Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

for anyone with good knowledge of psr. If he’s in our academy for a few years and we sell him. does that count as homegrown again in the accounts? 

Homegrown doesn't mean anything from an accounting perspective as far as I'm aware. It's all about fees paid.  Obviously homegrown players have no fee attached to them. If he comes for a fee, it'll stay with him, same as any other purchase.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Didn’t glover sign some academy lads from big 6 at Southampton who turned out to be half decent? 

Joe shields was credited with finding those players, having worked with them.

He is now at Chelsea 

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

For Leicester fans: Michael Golding is a midfielder, best as a No. 8.

Coming through at U16s he was touted as the best of his age group, he is a hugely talented player. Tall, lanky, his best attribute is receiving on the turn. He’s excellent in tight spaces, extremely nimble, great ball control, dribbler, one-twos & is a goal threat. Technically he’s top. His long legs mean he can cover ground on the dribble pretty quickly & he uses his arms well to evade pressure. He doesn’t really dictate games & in the build-up phase he’s often less impactful.

Profile-wise (not quality!) I’d say he’s most similar to Musiala, but operates slightly deeper. He can play as a 10 but you wouldn’t want him doing LW shifts.

He is obviously young though so there’s no guarantees & imo he will need to develop quite a lot physically as he is quite lanky. But he’s a massive talent, captains his country & you should be very excited.

Help me here - since when has 5’10” been ‘tall, lanky’?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Nothing even vaguely like Braybrooke. 

Braybrooke could be heir apparent to Winks if he gets some game time and comes through as we all hope. 

Golding is, by all accounts, not actually wildly dissimilar to KDH. Decent box to box runner who progresses well through carrying. 

• Like 2

Just now, coolhandfox said:

People one us to be smart, this is smart business.

These are the kinds of deals I have always wanted us to do, shame is has taken PSR ****ery to make it happen

Spend a few million on highly rated youngsters who seemingly have a blocked pathway to the first team

• Like 3