Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Michael Golding

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve got a feeling we’re going to have a young exciting team this season. 

We may have the right manager for that, maybe that was the plan. He's managed and won with kids (sounds wrong) so it may be the plan. 

If so, I'm onboard as long as we have some experience know-hpw around them. A te with Fatawu's attitude is exactly the right way to go. All have something to prove. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He looks like a kid....won't be in the first team for while then 

I don’t think we’d play 4mil for an U21 player, he may play a few for fitness like Ben Nelson did but we shall see

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ryy said:

I don’t think we’d play 4mil for an U21 player, he may play a few for fitness like Ben Nelson did but we shall see

In fairness, there is a certain amount of financial doping going on. 

We've obviously agreed to buy a Chelsea youngster for a few million to help them out a bit with the deal and cover some of the outlay for KDH. 

It's definitely possible Cooper doesn't think he's ready to be in the first team squad. 

A lot will depend on who else we can afford to sign this summer and how far along Braybrooke and Alves are judged to be in their own progress towards senior football. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stevostadium said:

rumored but gone very quiet

We obviously aren't doing anything incoming until July. Even Fatawu is quiet and we know that's an obligation. 

The next few weeks will let us know how active we're really likely to be this summer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Basically just enough to cover the first year of KDH's transfer 

Apparently £4m and on four year deal so if my understanding is correct (from some on here) then this amortised over those 4 years so that’s £1m per year (so nothing) but KDH is full £30m profit with the accounting year to end of June. 

6 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Surely this guy won’t be starting right?

Well you’d assume not, but doubt he’s left the Chelsea development squad for a straight swap to ours so who knows. Think you’d expect him to be around the PL squad and maybe starting in cup games.

• Like 3

I wonder what the kid really thinks about this ?

He can’t have been thinking about being employed by Lcfc a week ago.  You’d assume he was happy at the academy where he’d been since he was a young kid.  And moving from London to the midlands at such a young age may not be without its complications.  you’d assume he’s now on a bigger deal than he was at Chelsea. -  what’s he going to be doing in a ‘strange place’  during his afternoons where he knows no one with a few quid brig a hole in his pockets ?  You’d hope that the club would be on this big time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

He can’t have been thinking about being employed by Lcfc a week ago.  You’d assume he was happy at the academy where he’d been since he was a young kid.  And moving from London to the midlands at such a young age may not be without its complications.  you’d assume he’s now on a bigger deal than he was at Chelsea. -  what’s he going to be doing in a ‘strange place’  during his afternoons where he knows no one with a few quid brig a hole in his pockets ?  You’d hope that the club would be on this big time. 

I don't know this is the first time we've ever bought a new young player.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I’ll let you know if I see him in Platinum Lace 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I guess you only have to look at Fatawu. He was exactly the same except in a different country. I believe his English is good but certainly not his first language.

The club has it's part to play though in making it a easy transaction for him.