Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Michael Golding

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Maybe, Cooper admires, youth players if he is good enough he will get a chance. 

When Cooper was at Forest, he paid a lot of money for Morgan Gibbs-White who many didn’t rate; subsequently he really improved under Coops.

Edited by Lineker's Left Foot
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Ah ok - thought he was year below alves 

He is a year younger, I thought they may have been in some of the same England squads but don't think they have.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder what the kid really thinks about this ?

He can’t have been thinking about being employed by Lcfc a week ago.  You’d assume he was happy at the academy where he’d been since he was a young kid.  And moving from London to the midlands at such a young age may not be without its complications.  you’d assume he’s now on a bigger deal than he was at Chelsea. -  what’s he going to be doing in a ‘strange place’  during his afternoons where he knows no one with a few quid brig a hole in his pockets ?  You’d hope that the club would be on this big time. 

In the old days that's precisely the reason why players would live in 'digs' , often in Aylestone, with some kinda mother hen landlady to look after them. 

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

If he blocks Alves or Braybrooke’s pathway it’s silly. 

I wish I could be excited, feel flat as anything with KDH going 

Should have no effect, Alves I believe will play as a left winger in men’s football and Braybrooke is a deep lying playmaker, where as Golding is a no.10/8

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

When Cooper was at Forest, he paid a lot of money for Morgan Gibbs-White who many didn’t rate; subsequently he really improved under Coops.

He did have him in his under 17 World Cup winning squad, just like how he went in for Hudson Odoi

Edited by HankMarvin

I’ve said before that I’d be more than happy for us to have a strong ish 11 and the squad players be kids. If that’s what we are going for then I’m backing it 100%.

I think it’s logically the best option due to our circumstances. It means we have a decent team when all fit, and when not, we are blooding young talent. Know nothing about this kid but would put good money on him not being terrible.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

He looks like he's 12 years old

I think that's an advantage. We all remember the kid at school who at 13 was built like a 25 year old and, wonder of wonders, became the best player -  until everyone else grew up too

If a player can hack it witout having any physicality, it's a good sign. 

8 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

He looks like he's 12 years old

When a young player is touted as being great and they have a slight build, it's much more promising than when a player in the same age range is touted but is built like an early 20's.

Casadei was touted as brilliant, but that'll have been increased by how much bigger he is than those in the same age range 

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-rebuild-club-9379708

England youth ace Golding, aged 18, has been on Chelsea's books for six years and made his senior debut in the FA Cup in January. He was only on the pitch for nine minutes but came close to scoring and setting up a goal.

He has captained England and Chelsea at junior level and he was described by the Evening Standard earlier this year as "an attacking midfielder who possesses good leadership skills" while his pen pic for England's under-17s Euros squad last winter said: "One of three brothers in professional clubs’ set-ups, Golding is another who can play in multiple positions and has been very consistent this season."