Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Michael Golding

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

When a young player is touted as being great and they have a slight build, it's much more promising than when a player in the same age range is touted but is built like an early 20's.

Casadei was touted as brilliant, but that'll have been increased by how much bigger he is than those in the same age range 

Is he being touted as being great?

Golding was a paperweight to make the deal happen probably the only player that would join .. not saying he isn't gonna be ok ..

But I read a article on here  comparing him to mighty fine German international yesterday .. 

It's a bit far fetched 

22 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Maybe, Cooper admires, youth players if he is good enough he will get a chance. 

I really hope so. If we’re signing young players with bags of potential then I’d rather see them in action instead of being in the youth squad.

25 minutes ago, nick6666 said:

Golding was a paperweight to make the deal happen probably the only player that would join .. not saying he isn't gonna be ok ..

But I read a article on here  comparing him to mighty fine German international yesterday .. 

It's a bit far fetched 

Why do you have an Arsenal badge as your avi

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nick6666 said:

It's a bit far fetched 

Paperweight?

Make- weight?

This has done my head in.is Golding holding down a print-out of a fax confirming a transfer?

I can't imagine him agreeing to come here unless he's been told he'll have a chance of making the squad or a good loan. Why move from one U21 team to another at his age and having tasted 1st team football.

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

I can't imagine him agreeing to come here unless he's been told he'll have a chance of making the squad or a good loan. Why move from one U21 team to another at his age and having tasted 1st team football.

He could have been told there isn't much of a pathway at Chelsea with how many young players they actually sign. There's also a lot of horse-trading with these deals, how much does anyone really want to leave, its all a PSR thing.

2 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

He could have been told there isn't much of a pathway at Chelsea with how many young players they actually sign. There's also a lot of horse-trading with these deals, how much does anyone really want to leave, its all a PSR thing.

Maybe

14 hours ago, Finnegan said:

No. 

We've just signed him for four million. I think people are getting a bit carried away. 

We've signed him so they'll bump the KDH fee up a bit to the cut off point we needed for FFP. 

But he is well regarded by Chelsea fans who go and watch their academy. There's still a very real possibility he never plays a senior game for us and we won't care. 

This is true for most academy players. But I’d caveat that with, we luckily now have a manager that prioritises youth development, so if there is an ounce of potential in him, Cooper will look to utilise him where he can.

I suppose this is why he’s a good pick, I don’t think he would mind at all getting younger talent in, it’s exactly what we need at this time, a manager who isn’t going to kick up a fuss about what players he’s got at his disposal.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

This is true for most academy players. But I’d caveat that with, we luckily now have a manager that prioritises youth development, so if there is an ounce of potential in him, Cooper will look to utilise him where he can.

I suppose this is why he’s a good pick, I don’t think he would mind at all getting younger talent in, it’s exactly what we need at this time, a manager who isn’t going to kick up a fuss about what players he’s got at his disposal.  

To an extent but if Chelsea suspected this kid had a high probability of going on to be a solid, top half Prem player they wouldn't be letting him go for four mil. 

They've been laughed at historically for letting talent like De Bruyne and Salah slip by but even back then they sold the two for about £20m each. 

Chelsea are in the money printing business. They don't waste too many opportunities. 

I'm not trying to write Golding off, I just think people should temper their expectations. We've seen too many times what happens when this place gets over hyped too early, they'll be booing this kid by Christmas if he's not the second coming of Frank Lampard. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To an extent but if Chelsea suspected this kid had a high probability of going on to be a solid, top half Prem player they wouldn't be letting him go for four mil. 

They've been laughed at historically for letting talent like De Bruyne and Salah slip by but even back then they sold the two for about £20m each. 

Chelsea are in the money printing business. They don't waste too many opportunities. 

I'm not trying to write Golding off, I just think people should temper their expectations. We've seen too many times what happens when this place gets over hyped too early, they'll be booing this kid by Christmas if he's not the second coming of Frank Lampard. 

Very true! It’s one of those, could go either way, but for £4m it’s no risk at all. 

• Like 1