Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Michael Golding

9 minutes ago, beastfootballx said:

ye but that is because they were in their early 20s and had lots of experience.Musiala cost llike 900k and look how he came out

"We should keep our expectations grounded guys" 

"HE'S GOING TO BE THE NEXT MUSIALA" 

FoxesTalk™

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

It is very unusual for us to spend significant money on a " academy " player. We've bought the odd one over the years and possibly spent upwards of a million on the likes of Amani Richards but £4-5m is a lot for us. There'll be a reason for it.

It's the same reason as the Villa/Everton Villa/Chelsea deals last week, they help us out and we return the favour it's PSR garbage.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

To be clear, I absolutely hope this kid ends up in the first team and an absolute star. Genuinely. Second coming of Muzzy Izzet, hopefully. 

But we'd buy a ****ing stationary cupboard, a bag of match balls and a stock of Mars Bars for the canteen for £4m if it counted towards PSR, we could amortise it and it enabled Chelsea to bid £30m for KDH in the 23/24 period. 

Sound like my mrs. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I doubt we would be spending £4m in our situation who wouldn't be playing. 

This is going to be happening an awful lot. £4m is not going to rock the PRS boat, it’s probably going to start being the done thing, to start offering players in returns especially with academy players if it means 100% profit. As we’ve seen historically clubs will buy these players back if they transpire to become something decent. 

Unless things change in the FFP world, clubs will have to start scratching each others backs.

• Like 1

4 million is probably the modern equivilant to Vardy's 1 million fee from Non league.

At least this lad comes from a Club with a pedigree for signing talented young players.

I think he's going to be a big success once he toughens up a little but he won't lack the talent.

He looks like he can play as a Winger also if needed as well as all midfield positions.

He's two footed and confortable on the ball. I have big hopes for him.

While he may need time to find his feet with the pace of the league I think he'll be fine.

Building for the future.

Edited by Clever Fox
Spelling
  • Like 4

It's a good move for Golding because there is very little chance of him breaking into a star studded Chelsea team. I'm sure he would have known that Cooper is not afraid to give young players a chance to play. 

It's exciting to think that Alves, Braybrooke & Golding could be involved in our first team this season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sphericalfox said:

If people are underwhelmed by this signing, then you have another 2-3 years of disappointment ahead.

We are going to be going into the business of buying prospects and rough diamonds and hoping that we can (if needed) sell one or two to plug our financials. This is the way forward.

Cody, Winks and arguably Mavididi don’t fit that criteria, and that was with the prospect of being a championship side and not getting promoted. It won’t be like it was prior to relegation but it certainly won’t be as bleak as above unless they have messed up solving the PSR issues for 23/24.

The EPL is becoming huge Albanian Barber Shop. The Premier League Administrators are having the urine extracted out of them by all this creative rule bending by it’s member Clubs.  

3 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

If people are underwhelmed by this signing, then you have another 2-3 years of disappointment ahead.

We are going to be going into the business of buying prospects and rough diamonds and hoping that we can (if needed) sell one or two to plug our financials. This is the way forward.

Id much rather this then signing average, ageing Prem players for 15 million plus like they did with Vestergaard and Perez. The sorts of signings that put us in the financial mess we’re in now

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1