Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Florentino Luís

14 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Another Yaya Sanogo?

No, he's a good player. When I say he hasn't quite reached the heights, to be clear about this, in FM he used to turn in to like a Makelele / Kante quality world class midfielder by 20 lol

He's grown in to a really solid holding midfielder in Portugal. He'd be an excellent signing for us. I can't see us having the money that would convince Benfica though. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

No, he's a good player. When I say he hasn't quite reached the heights, to be clear about this, in FM he used to turn in to like a Makelele / Kante quality world class midfielder by 20 lol

He's grown in to a really solid holding midfielder in Portugal. He'd be an excellent signing for us. I can't see us having the money that would convince Benfica though. 

Nothing a few favours won’t sort out……..

Just adding some more statistics onto Finners post...

Of midfielders in the Primeira Liga, he ranks...

Accurate Forward Passes - 84.56%(Joint first)

Accurate Passes To Final Third - 86.04%(4th)

Accurate Progressive Passes - 80.57%(12th)

Successful Defensive Actions per90 - 14.04 😳 (1st)

Defensive Duels per90 - 9.82(3rd)

Defensive Duels Won - 67.33%(3rd) 

He was linked with a potential loan move to the Premier League last season; however nothing materialised. 

After seeing links over the past week speaking of £25-30 million, I thought he’d be an unrealistic signing. 

But whatever happens, it’s good to see us getting linked to ball winning midfielders. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Just adding some more statistics onto Finners post...

Of midfielders in the Primeira Liga, he ranks...

Accurate Forward Passes - 84.56%(Joint first)

Accurate Passes To Final Third - 86.04%(4th)

Accurate Progressive Passes - 80.57%(12th)

Successful Defensive Actions per90 - 14.04 😳 (1st)

Defensive Duels per90 - 9.82(3rd)

Defensive Duels Won - 67.33%(3rd) 

He was linked with a potential loan move to the Premier League last season; however nothing materialised. 

After seeing links over the past week speaking of £25-30 million, I thought he’d be an unrealistic signing. 

But whatever happens, it’s good to see us getting linked to ball winning midfielders. 

14 is ridiculous when you’d think benfica wouldn’t have to defend too much in most of their games?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

14 is ridiculous when you’d think benfica wouldn’t have to defend too much in most of their games?

Around 10 successful defensive actions per90 is usually the norm when it comes to defensive midfielders, but after going through the leagues you do get the odd standouts, Palhinha in the Premier League being a good example. 

Florentino Luis comes in that bracket, crazy defensive statistics across the board. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah like we've got £25-30m to drop on a defensive midfielder. 

We do have that sort of money, as do all the Premier League clubs, if they want to spend it. Sheffield United got over 100M despite finishing last.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-prize-money-2324-32798245

We aren't selling KDH because we need the money, we are selling him so that in the last accounting period we don't post a limit breaking loss, so we don't get another points penalty.

The bigger question is if we should spend this kind of money, because if we get relegated due to a points deduction, we know that the EFL will also punish us pretty bad too. But you could argue that we should assemble a good squad now because if we go down, we won't be able to sign anyone anyway.

Given we are literally selling our best player last season, I can see us going big for one or two players. Though I will agree with you and others in the thread that this position doesn't feel like the one we'd go for. But having a big physical bastard in the middle of the pitch that can pass is a great player to have in the Premier League!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Around 10 successful defensive actions per90 is usually the norm when it comes to defensive midfielders, but after going through the leagues you do get the odd standouts, Palhinha in the Premier League being a good example. 

Florentino Luis comes in that bracket, crazy defensive statistics across the board. 

For shits and giggles, I compared the two:

2UgTBGI.png

You can see why anyone would be interested in a player like this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We do have that sort of money, as do all the Premier League clubs, if they want to spend it. Sheffield United got over 100M despite finishing last.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-prize-money-2324-32798245

We aren't selling KDH because we need the money, we are selling him so that in the last accounting period we don't post a limit breaking loss, so we don't get another points penalty.

The bigger question is if we should spend this kind of money, because if we get relegated due to a points deduction, we know that the EFL will also punish us pretty bad too. But you could argue that we should assemble a good squad now because if we go down, we won't be able to sign anyone anyway.

Given we are literally selling our best player last season, I can see us going big for one or two players. Though I will agree with you and others in the thread that this position doesn't feel like the one we'd go for. But having a big physical bastard in the middle of the pitch that can pass is a great player to have in the Premier League!

Of course but we need at least 4 new central midfielders, at least 1 other winger (also dropping £14m on Fatawu), a striker and a defender.

I think £60-70m is the max we'll spend but hopefully we get a couple of loans or frees in to help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Of course but we need at least 4 new central midfielders, at least 1 other winger (also dropping £14m on Fatawu), a striker and a defender.

I think £60-70m is the max we'll spend but hopefully we get a couple of loans or frees in to help.

Think we are going to have to padded the squad out with the likes on Nelson, Alves and Braybrooke.

Buying to many players will block there development.

If we bring in 4 CM Braybrooke doesn't get a sniff.

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Think we are going to have to padded the squad out with the likes on Nelson, Alves and Braybrooke.

They need loans and not exposing to a relegation battle ……..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

For shits and giggles, I compared the two:

2UgTBGI.png

You can see why anyone would be interested in a player like this.

Certain statistics will be inflated because he plays in a possession heavy team, but in terms of defensive statistics he is quite simply one of the best in Europe. 

As Ric said, a signing like this depends on what we see as our main priorities. Ideally we need a starting LCB, DM, CM/AM and ST. The chances of spending £20-30 million on all four of those positions is probably 0%. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yeah you're probably right, we are horribly light though as I presume we'll try and move Soumare on and Ndidi might well not be here either.

• Like 1

It’s rare for Portuguese players to not be successful in the Premier League - even though we did get unlucky with Adrien Silva. 

He’s the profile of player you would imagine Coopef would want next to Winks in a double pivot. I’d be very happy if we came to us. 

IF we see him as a first team/sub option, then £30m over 5 year contract, with those stats, makes a hell of a lot of sense. Only a £6m dent.

Risk is only there if he doesn’t kick on and we think he’s a squad filler.

7 hours ago, ACF said:

IF we see him as a first team/sub option, then £30m over 5 year contract, with those stats, makes a hell of a lot of sense. Only a £6m dent.

Risk is only there if he doesn’t kick on and we think he’s a squad filler.

He's too good to be a squad filler for a club like ours. Especially at 30m.

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

A loan to buy whilst also making the permanent deal go through on the following years accounts might be the move.  Benfica will go for it if the proposed money is right.

They won't and we shouldn't offer that.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Money in the future. There's a massive chance we get relegated and we shouldn't be lumbering ourselves with money we can't afford.

I didn't say obligation. But we could have the contract drawn up similarly to Fatawu. Where his was obligation to buy on promotion, this could be obligation on survival.  That's if we can't get it as an option with first refusal.  In this situation there's literally no better way to do it if we are actually trying to get the player. The alternative is just pay up.