Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Switzerland - Saturday 6 July

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Still think we should go 3-4-3 / 3-4-1-2 and more direct to Toney or Watkins. This manager has bored this group of players in to being ineffective on the ball, we need to create chaos another way.

Pickford 

Walker

Stones

Gomez/Konsa

Alexander-Arnold

Mainoo 

Rice

Saka

Bellingham

Kane

Watkins/Toney

Harsh to still not start Palmer and if he doesn't move to a back three then Palmer has to start at RW but I think we're still too passive in the current system.

Impressed with Toney. Especially as he currently plays for a smaller club

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Pickford

Trent Stones Guehi Saka

Rice Bellingham 

Palmer Foden Gordon

Kane

Just go for it Gareth. Fvck it. 

Edited by RumbleFox

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Pickford

Trent Stones Guehi Saka

Rice Bellingham 

Palmer Foden Gordon

Kane

Just go for it Gareth. Fvck it. 

Careful, you'll bring him out in hives 

• Haha 1

Guehi suspended isn't he? Does that mean Konsa is next in line? 

I think we stick with Trippier or move Walker to the left. The lad the Swiss have on the right, Ndoye is it? Has been a threat and I'd worry about Saka defensively. 

Not sure Palmer really did enough when he came on yesterday so I'd stick with Saka and have Gordon on the left so we have pace either side. Foden just doesn't fit into Southgate's team. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think we stick with Trippier or move Walker to the left. The lad the Swiss have on the right, Ndoye is it? Has been a threat and I'd worry about Saka defensively. 

Not sure Palmer really did enough when he came on yesterday so I'd stick with Saka and have Gordon on the left so we have pace either side. Foden just doesn't fit into Southgate's team. 

We was a lot better when Trippier went off injured, we should play Saka at left back there was a lot more balance as soon as Trippier was off and we had a natural left footer there

Edited by whoareyaaa

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We was a lot better when Trippier went off injured, we should play Saka at left back there was a lot more balance as soon as Trippier was off and we had a natural left footer there

Not sure there was any notable improvement when Saka went left back. I agree we need a left footer, but hopefully Gordon being a natural winger on that side helps. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not sure there was any notable improvement when Saka went left back. I agree we need a left footer, but hopefully Gordon being a natural winger on that side helps. 

It did allow us another attacker on the pitch, Palmer came on for him we did seem to create more when that happened.

He said something about it in the interview after saying having Saka left back was good but we was to attacking or something lol 

Edited by whoareyaaa

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Lost so much respect for Bellingham. If he seriously thinks turning up for a couple of minutes against Slovakia is sticking it to the fans then I'm afraid we've got another weak minded bottlejob on our hands

It's remarkable how quickly Southgate has managed to instill this into him after a year at Real Madrid. Should be an easyish adjusting period back though for Ancelotti.

The entire message through this tournament has felt like a **** you.

People hoping it will somehow click - it ain't gonna and that much is now obvious. He won't change anything and England will go out with a whimper. No way they beat Switzerland. 

Imagine going into a QF with that group of players as massive underdogs against the Swiss. 

Forget this tournament and bin off this loser of a manager. The future is bright for England but not with Southgate anywhere near the FA. 

• Like 4

The most successful England manager for X years stuff is nauseating. He's been in post longer than average and with that he keeps underachieving, failure it's talked up as success because he's 'a nice bloke'.

• Like 2

If it were up to me:

Pickford

Shaw

Gomez

Stones

Walker

Rice

Mainoo

Gordon

Bellingham

Palmer

Kane

What it will be:

Pickford

Trippier

Konsa

Stones

Walker

Rice

Mainoo

Foden

Bellingham

Saka

Kane

Absolute garbage.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

The victim mentality of Southgate and the players really make me not give a shit whether we win or not. I can't believe they dare come out with some of the stuff they have after yesterday's farce

It is quite incredible isn’t it!

I suspect Southgate and his team have told the players they ‘are all in it together’ and to ignore any criticism coming their way. And I guess I understand that. Fergie used to do that with Utd too. But with Fergie it would come across with far more authority and meaning I think.

Ironically, like you, this attitude turns me off even more. We all want England to progress. I was in the pit of my boots watching last night, until Bellers got the equaliser.

But just some honesty and humility would be SO refreshing. Last night we wuz garbage. 

7 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Lost so much respect for Bellingham. If he seriously thinks turning up for a couple of minutes against Slovakia is sticking it to the fans then I'm afraid we've got another weak minded bottlejob on our hands

almost hoping he misses a crucial penalty tbh

He isn't the worst ever because Hodgson happened. Hodgson oversaw probably the two worst tournaments I've seen from England. This gaslighting about him being the best though - he's just the least bad. Stop comparing yourselves to previous failures. Puel is a great Leicester manager because he's better than Craig Levein and Gary Megson. Start acting like a top team if you want to win things.

If people want to overlook the lucky draws, then whatever helps them sleep at night I guess.

25 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He isn't the worst ever because Hodgson happened. Hodgson oversaw probably the two worst tournaments I've seen from England. This gaslighting about him being the best though - he's just the least bad. Stop comparing yourselves to previous failures. Puel is a great Leicester manager because he's better than Craig Levein and Gary Megson. Start acting like a top team if you want to win things.

If people want to overlook the lucky draws, then whatever helps them sleep at night I guess.

Ramsey apart regrettably the bar is not that high. Southgate and his team choked when the pressure was really on

8 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

must have been pretty bad the considering who he replaced.

Gareth should at least change it up and start Palmer for a change, can always hook him later if its not working.

7 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

In poor taste, perhaps, but surely the attention should be on how Southgate hasn't been put on trial for crimes against football.

respect for a team who themselves were poor but nearly beat a god awful england effort, bit patronising...