Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Switzerland - Saturday 6 July

Just now, Libertine said:

They rightly went in on Southgate and the team previously - tonight it's like someone's had a word in their ear to be more positive.

100% been told to stop being negative about them

• Like 1

Just now, Libertine said:

They rightly went in on Southgate and the team previously - tonight it's like someone's had a word in their ear to be more positive.

Yeah but they went massively over the top during the game tbf 

• Like 1

Overall I thought it was a very poor game, but maybe just maybe despite Southgate lacking any kind of tactical nous or ability he might have just built up enough luck that this is tournament we scrape through and win something.

Performance wise we have been shocking and at times very lucky, but we're in with a chance. Clearly the players are having to produce moments to get us through.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Southgate is the luckiest man on the planet

Contract extension incoming, and I thought Martinez was a jammy bastard with the jobs he keeps getting 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I want success for him just to stick it to the Reform racists who had it in for him before. 

How have you managed to squeeze politics into this thread you silly prat 😴

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Southgate is the luckiest man on the planet

He really is, not just in this Euros, the previous one as well. No matter how bereft of creativity he is, no matter how dogshit of a manager he is… He has the talent and width in his squad to get him of trouble with a moments of magic.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The only positive thing I can say is that was the best set of penalties I’ve seen from England that I can remember although perhaps masked by the Swiss keeper putting in a performance influenced by the Danny Ward coaching manual 

Tbf to Danny Ward, it was probably the one thing he was good at!

6 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

How have you managed to squeeze politics into this thread you silly prat 😴

.... because some Internet trolls decided to make it political three years ago. Can't blame Daggers for that.

On topic, the penalties were utterly emphatic.

7 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

He really is, not just in this Euros, the previous one as well. No matter how bereft of creativity he is, no matter how dogshit of a manager he is… He has the talent and width in his squad to get him of trouble with a moments of magic.

He has no tactical knowledge what so ever, plays the same team until forced into a change or bailed out by a moment of quality.

And this is all against teams we would expect to beat in qualifiers 

• Like 1