Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Switzerland - Saturday 6 July

On 01/07/2024 at 04:37, Jon the Hat said:

Who knows at this stage, they have the ability to surprise us, and the Swiss might not come at us quite like Slovakia.  While I want to see the back of Southgate I will be delighted if we continue to stumble through this competition.

Have you not watched them?

• Haha 1

Someone’s put together a lovely, balanced 3-4-2-1 on social media with Saka LWB and Gomez at LCB. I love it - shame it’ll never see the light of day though.

Southgate is one of them lazy FM managers who sets and forgets

On 01/07/2024 at 18:32, ramboacdc said:

I suspect the chances are 0 that this will be on anywhere in Vicky Park on Saturday. 

I don't mind missing The Kaiser Chiefs to watch a half of this.

Unfortunately there’s no big screen but I’ll be hitting the pub to watch the game not sure were to head though 

I still think it’ll be difficult for us to make the final. The Swiss have been very organised so far, the only team to make Germany struggle although they struggled themselves v Scotland. They’ve also been able to score which others have been struggling with (us).

If we do then the Netherlands provided they beat Turkey will be even tougher. I think they’ve been one of the best teams so far but they seem to lack clinicalness. They should’ve beaten France and should’ve scored 6 or 7 v Romania. They’ll be far too good for us unless we step up.

Fortunately we have world class players who can turn it on at a switch. Kane, Bellingham, Foden, Rice, Saka etc, all world class. So if they can find even a 7/10 performance then I think we get to the final. 

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I still think it’ll be difficult for us to make the final. The Swiss have been very organised so far, the only team to make Germany struggle although they struggled themselves v Scotland. They’ve also been able to score which others have been struggling with (us).

If we do then the Netherlands provided they beat Turkey will be even tougher. I think they’ve been one of the best teams so far but they seem to lack clinicalness. They should’ve beaten France and should’ve scored 6 or 7 v Romania. They’ll be far too good for us unless we step up.

Fortunately we have world class players who can turn it on at a switch. Kane, Bellingham, Foden, Rice, Saka etc, all world class. So if they can find even a 7/10 performance then I think we get to the final. 

Denmark made Germany struggle 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Koke said:

Lucky England 

Screenshot_20240703_054543_Google.thumb.jpg.c28241182ff70d37d281424e7ba72aae.jpg

It’s not really luck is it? We won our group, if we didn’t we’d be on the other side of the draw.

France didn’t win their group, so have to go on the other side.

You make your own luck in the game, and by continually winning qualifying groups and groups at major tournaments, you get easier draws - that’s not luck. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s not really luck is it? We won our group, if we didn’t we’d be on the other side of the draw.

France didn’t win their group, so have to go on the other side.

You make your own luck in the game, and by continually winning qualifying groups and groups at major tournaments, you get easier draws - that’s not luck. 

Even had France won their group - we couldn't have played them until the semi finals.

So even a team surprisingly underperforming in their group and ending up on our side has ended up as the best possible outcome lol

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Even had France won their group - we couldn't have played them until the semi finals.

So even a team surprisingly underperforming in their group and ending up on our side has ended up as the best possible outcome lol

, it could have been England Italy, france, Netherlands… but teams have under performed so we have it has it stands 

• Like 1

Xhaka and bolo are pulling the strings in the Swiss team. Keep them quiet and England can have a right go at them. First of all safe gate has to balance the team out. Can’t be going into battle with this lot all unprepared and pants at half mast!