Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

KDH confirms exit

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It hurts losing Barnes and KDH though circumstances - Never thought I'd see local lads be some of our better (or even best) players.

In another time, those two are key parts of a sustained top 10 (or better) finishes in the PL. £70m for the pair is a kick in the bollocks and it's entirely self-inflicted.

This is the worst part for me! 

Someone needs to take ownership of these mistakes and be held accountable for it. 

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

dont get me started on FFP/PSR, protecting the moronic 6, entitled gits

Its stupid, yes the club have made errors, or been naïve. The real issue is the rules, and the fact they only seem interested in going after the smaller clubs. 

• Like 1

I'm sure this was a lot of his media team pushing him but he did not need to put anything out other than a "thanks lcfc fans".

Can't remember any other player putting something out like this. Cheers Kiernan, all the best.

1 minute ago, Aleksz said:

Really hurts this one. England debut by Christmas and we’ll all be so proud of him :cry:

Yep Chelsea tax puts him in contention

• Like 1

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but because he was always a rough diamond, and not (in my opinion) likely to play for a 'big' prem side I always assumed we'd keep hold of him :(

I get the need to sell due to BS rules (and we only have ourselves to blame for falling foul of them, BS or otherwise) but its still a bit shit really

11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Genuinely gutted. 

I know what I said on here the other day but I think I'm falling out of love with Football. 

Never in a million years should we be in this position but we are because of sheer incompetence by our board with numerous decisions. 

I honestly don't think it works out for him at Chelsea though and that's not even being bitter. I don't see where he fits in especially with the talent they have at their disposal. 

In fairness, Everton have had to sell Dobbin and they've bought Iroegbunam from Villa, Newcastle have had to sell Anderson to Forest and Chelsea have sold Hall to the Magpies (already agreed previously but still).

PSR is affecting loads of clubs where selling academy prospects is now no longer one of the best ways of bringing in profit but now a necessity to avoid points deductions.

Your point about the incompetence of the board is still right, of course, but even if and when things become OK again financially, we're probably going to see more and more of this kind of thing, not just here but at a lot of other clubs too - unless the rules change again to incentivise clubs to bring through their own and keep them.

• Like 1

All in all this is a depressing state of affairs for football. What is the point of it all if you're having to sell your academy players in order to comply with some terribly defined rules? I understand players wanting to move on to bigger and better things but KDH genuinely didn't want to move. Surely football should be encouraging holding onto your local talent to get back to the original purpose of localised clubs. All it's doing is moving more to mercenary football which I suppose suits the modern global demand.

Hopefully the bubble will soon burst and these over inflated fees and wages will come down and stop the financial mess teams currently find themselves in.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Its not often that I would unequivocally wish a departing player well when they are off to a bigger club, Heskey is the first I could think of making a similar move, but Good luck to KDH

Edited by ParkerPen
  • Like 1

Enzo’s not going to last a year, and he’s going back to Luton within 3.

Awful move for his career, but he’s got a massive wage, which obviously matters to him. 

🐍 

I think we got a decent price for him in all honesty. A decent player and a great guy but I think the right time to sell.

I think his success at Chelsea is very contingent on Enzo. Still not sure on why Chelsea are fishing in these waters though. Poaching from top end Champ feels more like where we should be shopping.

It is a depressing feature of modern football and PSR rules, but ultimately if we want to compete in the top half of the Prem then this sort of transfer HAS to be the model. It's the only way we increase turnover enough to allow us to compete. 

• Like 1