Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

KDH confirms exit

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

How many genuine two footed players are there? 

Almost all top (let’s say, top half of the PL) players are capable enough with both feet to use both. Top professional footballers are stupidly talented, even comparing them to League 1/2 players. 

Someone going for £30m, which many think is lower than his value, should definitely be able to use both feet in most situations. KDH can’t and unfortunately, I think it’ll impact him at the highest level. 

I do hope he does well, but this stinks of a player on the market… and Chelsea being Chelsea, bought him, for no apparent reason. Maybe they think they can increase his market value and sell him for profit in a couple of years? 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Almost all top (let’s say, top half of the PL) players are capable enough with both feet to use both. Top professional footballers are stupidly talented, even comparing them to League 1/2 players. 

Someone going for £30m, which many think is lower than his value, should definitely be able to use both feet in most situations. KDH can’t and unfortunately, I think it’ll impact him at the highest level. 

I do hope he does well, but this stinks of a player on the market… and Chelsea being Chelsea, bought him, for no apparent reason. Maybe they think they can increase his market value and sell him for profit in a couple of years? 

I agree with this, he is extremely one footed for a pro footballer. I don’t actually think he is technically that good for a pro at the level he is (although that side of his game has improved dramatically).

I think where he really makes up for that is his intelligence off the ball and reading of the game. He is also very smart with his body positioning allowing him that extra second on the ball that others do not get. 

Such a shame to see him go and hope he proves me wrong in thinking he’s not quite good enough for a top club because i’d really like to see him do well, and best case scenario not too well and end up back in a city shirt. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, HybridFox said:

A club "people grow up watching" rather than the club "I grew up watching". Think he's being diplomatic and respectful personally 

Probably 

I'm pretty sure he was a Chelsea fan growing up . . . . 

1 hour ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I agree with this, he is extremely one footed for a pro footballer. I don’t actually think he is technically that good for a pro at the level he is (although that side of his game has improved dramatically).

I think where he really makes up for that is his intelligence off the ball and reading of the game. He is also very smart with his body positioning allowing him that extra second on the ball that others do not get. 

Such a shame to see him go and hope he proves me wrong in thinking he’s not quite good enough for a top club because i’d really like to see him do well, and best case scenario not too well and end up back in a city shirt. 

How’s about a rep point then? Sweet baby Jesus what do you have to do for a +1 around here :P joking obvs (please like my comment). 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Some of the best players in the world have been very one footed.

I think people look for something to beat certain players with.

It really depends where you play. Centrally, you cannot afford to be one footed whatsoever. The ones (and im

assuming) you refer to, are most likely wingers/wide players. Left wingers get away with a lot, because of the rarity and usually the quality they possess that other don’t. 

I have said before about his left footedness being more obvious because it's his left. 

Right footed players dont get as much stick as it's not so obvious. 

I'm sure stats would back up what I'm saying but I'm not that fussed to look it up 😂. Passes assists with "wrong" foot etc. 

On 02/07/2024 at 14:23, goose2010 said:

Wish him well, he doesn't leave for me if we weren't in this mess so I have zero hard feelings for him especially with such a classy goodbye. 

I expect club nudged him out.

On 02/07/2024 at 14:27, Stadt said:

It hurts losing Barnes and KDH through circumstance - Never thought I'd see local lads be some of our better (or even best) players.

In another time, those two are key parts of a sustained top 10 (or better) finishes in the PL. £70m for the pair is a kick in the bollocks and it's entirely self-inflicted.

Its more than circumstance, it cost us slightly above 23M combined for all the offers that were turned down for squad players, more than 2/3 of the fee.  It was avoidable.

• Like 1

How is it that we got only £30 million for KDH from Chelsea when West Ham paid £40 million for Killman? I don’t think £30 million was enough for KDH. I thought Maddison was sold cheaper than he should have gone for aswell. Probably desperate to sell because of FFP but still frustrating in my opinion. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

How is it that we got only £30 million for KDH from Chelsea when West Ham paid £40 million for Killman? I don’t think £30 million was enough for KDH. I thought Maddison was sold cheaper than he should have gone for aswell. Probably desperate to sell because of FFP but still frustrating in my opinion. 

I assume Wolves not being in trouble financially helped their negotiating position/timeline.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I assume Wolves not being in trouble financially helped their negotiating position/timeline.

I thought Wolves were on the edge? They’re one of the clubs who are being watched aren’t they?

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah that’s what I’m guessing. Gray sold by Leeds for £30 million the same as we got for KDH as well. Another strange one, KDH Is an established senior player. 

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I thought Wolves were on the edge? They’re one of the clubs who are being watched aren’t they?

Not sure, this seasons transfer window sure has been a very weird and suspicious one.

Regardless of KDH,  Kilman for 40m seems bonkers.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Smoke and mirrors most likely tied up with the Golding transfer. Similar to why we signed Winks on the cheap as part of the Maddison deal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Smoke and mirrors most likely tied up with the Golding transfer. Similar to why we signed Winks on the cheap as part of the Maddison deal.

Two good points. Didn’t think about that. Cheers. 

• Like 1