Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

KDH confirms exit

Nice statement, shame he had to delete it initially as it wasn't officially announced. 

Wish him well tbh, no hard feelings with this one. I'm gobsmacked he's got a move like this if I'm honest but he has to give it a go. Hope he gets enough game time and doesn't kill his career not playing for the next few years. 

• Like 1

We are so far off Vichai’s dream we all believed and actually came true.

its a travesty the club has allowed the people who steer it to go so off the rails.

regarding KDH I’m very sad we’ve lost one of our own. His message was heartfelt and well meaning. He is Leicester thru & thru and that will never change. I hope he succeeds in his new chapter. This is football and it happens.

for our team we’ve lost our midfield engine & heartbeat. Is there anyone else who has that single minded drive? Pretty sure cooper is as bummed out as we are.

anyway we have to move on now with what we’ve got. The team will miss him too.

time to accelerate our other academy stars to the 1st time. No more faffing about they are ready!

Shame to see him go don’t think we had much choice and I doubt he did either in the end knowing we need the money. Hopefully now we can focus on getting a few more players into cover him. Good luck to him as he will need it at that basket case of a club hope the fans give him some time to settle 

37 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Anyone else not bothered? lol 

I'm not massively. I'd accepted back in January that he was obviously gone and if he hadn't I'd be wondering what exactly had stopped it. It's hard to get that bothered when you can see such bigger problems around the club anyway. This is just the latest symptom of it. We have a blatantly terrible DoF in place who is under no pressure to perform, why does anybody expect anything good to come from us when this is the case? The fans should be putting pressure on the club to address this, but in many instances they actually stick up for it.

We've sold better players than him and been OK but can't help but feel that yet again we have come out on the wrong side of the value line - again, this is due to our own weak position, something we have largely imposed on ourselves through ineptness. See also the Maddison and Barnes deals.

There's just very little to be optimistic about in general.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

We are so far off Vichai’s dream we all believed and actually came true.

its a travesty the club has allowed the people who steer it to go so off the rails.

regarding KDH I’m very sad we’ve lost one of our own. His message was heartfelt and well meaning. He is Leicester thru & thru and that will never change. I hope he succeeds in his new chapter. This is football and it happens.

for our team we’ve lost our midfield engine & heartbeat. Is there anyone else who has that single minded drive? Pretty sure cooper is as bummed out as we are.

anyway we have to move on now with what we’ve got. The team will miss him too.

time to accelerate our other academy stars to the 1st time. No more faffing about they are ready!

I'm pretty sure Cooper would have known he was leaving when he joined us. Still seemed pretty happy to me. 

Edited by Viva

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We've been completely stripped of every sellable asset we had. Paper thin squad.

A truly remarkable disintegration of a football club.

That's what happens with any team when they get relegated. We still have sellable assets and I'm sure there will be quite a few incomings in the coming weeks. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Good luck to him. I don't think we've seen the last of him in an LCFC shirt. 

Has the sentimental attachment as he literally is one of our own. Shame he has to leave under these circumstances. 

Probably be back on loan once Enzo's sacked in a few months.

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We've been completely stripped of every sellable asset we had. Paper thin squad.

A truly remarkable disintegration of a football club.

And yet no one will be angered by this or do anything about it. We were in ****ing league one once…

I’m so sick and tired of this 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Viva said:

That's what happens with any team when they get relegated. We still have sellable assets and I'm sure there will be quite a few incomings in the coming weeks. 

Relegation wasn't a cause, it was a symptom. It goes back much much further than that, luckily people are starting to realise.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Viva said:

We didn't get relegated by chance.

• Like 2

That statement and video from him have done me. Didn't think it would hurt this much, but it really does.

Good luck, Kiki. Always one of our own. Hope we let him know that on his return to Filbert Way. 💙🦊

Also: **** the board, and **** PSR. Should never have had to do this. 

All the best at Chelsea Kiernan. I think this is a good deal all around. He's soon to turn 26 and whilst our financial position is precarious, in an ideal world it's at this age that it's unlikely an offer above £30m would come for KDH so an efficient club would cash in and reinvest.

We aren't an efficient club right now and it's more needs must but either way he goes with my blessing. He said he'd get us promoted last season and he contributed massively to that, to right the wrongs of 2022/23. We're at par.

He's a success story for any academy player, his story and journey was one of belief and patience and taking your chances. He did that, I think he's got a limit and that's why I don't think this is a disaster for us but I never truly celebrate the sale of academy players, bar maybe Chilwell 😂

Thanks for the memories KDH.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

We didn't get relegated by chance.

No we didn't. Mistakes were made. Good decisions got us back in the Premier League though.

If we want to keep within the rules, then we sometimes have to sell our best assets unfortunately. 

I hope the senior team at the club (we all know who they are) are proud of the state that their scattergun, irresponsible decision making over the last 18 months or so has left the club in. What an absolute mess they've made. God knows what Vichai would think of it all....and the worst thing is they're all still here, making decisions, calling the shots, drawing a wage and laughing at us all....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All the best at Chelsea Kiernan. I think this is a good deal all around. He's soon to turn 26 and whilst pur financial position is precarious, in an ideal world it's at this age that it's unlikely an offer above £30m would come for KDH so an efficient club would cash in and reinvest.

We aren't an efficient club right now and it's more needs must but wither way he goes with my blessing. He said he'd get us promoted last season and he contributed massively to that, to right the wrongs of 2022/23. We're at par.

He's a success story for any academy player, his story and journey was one of belief and patience and taking your chances. He did that, I think he's got a limit and that's why I don't think this is a disaster for us but I never truly celebrate the sale of academy players, bar maybe Chilwell 😂

agree with all of this.
He seemed a popular lad (bromance with Winks comes to mind) so squad morale will take a hit here too. 
My god Cooper has his work cut out.

Needs to build a squad, system, culture all in the face of a points deduction, other players maybe wanting out and the fact that at least 10 games this season are probably damage limitation.

Good luck with that Steve!

Edited by kingpower
  • Like 2

Just now, kingpower said:

agree with all of this.
He seemed a popular lad (bromance with Winks comes to mind) so squad morale will take a hit here too. 
My god Cooper has his work cut out.

Needs to build a squad, system, culture all in the face of a points deduction and the fact that at least 10 games this season are probably damage limitation.

Good luck with that Steve!

Yeah, we're looking at a miracle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All the best at Chelsea Kiernan. I think this is a good deal all around. He's soon to turn 26 and whilst our financial position is precarious, in an ideal world it's at this age that it's unlikely an offer above £30m would come for KDH so an efficient club would cash in and reinvest.

We aren't an efficient club right now and it's more needs must but either way he goes with my blessing. He said he'd get us promoted last season and he contributed massively to that, to right the wrongs of 2022/23. We're at par.

Agree with most of the sentiment there Ric - do you really think the club will reinvest the money? Sounds like we need it to keep the lights on, I'll be surprised if Cooper sees a penny of the sale in his transfer kitty...good luck to KDH