Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

KDH confirms exit

1 minute ago, kingpower said:

agree with all of this.
He seemed a popular lad (bromance with Winks comes to mind) so squad morale will take a hit here too. 
My god Cooper has his work cut out.

Needs to build a squad, system, culture all in the face of a points deduction and the fact that at least 10 games this season are probably damage limitation.

Good luck with that Steve!

Not an easy job is it!

Winning the Championship was a good achievement considering where we were, but staying up this year would absolutely dwarf it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Onions said:

Enzo’s not going to last a year, and he’s going back to Luton within 3.

Awful move for his career, but he’s got a massive wage, which obviously matters to him. 

🐍

What an awful comment to make.

He obviously never really wanted to go. But the prospect of Brighton one bad season from going down. Or Chelsea on a huge wage and a great chance of European football nearly every season why would you not.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FerrisBueller said:

The 2nd best player out of Shepshed, after me. 

Love him though, he got far too much stick on here sometimes in my opinion.

Yes he had some bad games but unlike most always gave 100%. One of the reasons he was so good last season, never giving up.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

What an awful comment to make.

He obviously never really wanted to go. But the prospect of Brighton one bad season from going down. Or Chelsea on a huge wage and a great chance of European football nearly every season why would you not.

I think he did probably want to go to Chelsea but wouldn’t have been enamoured by a move to Brighton, Brentford etc, with us in the same premier league. A deal has been lined up for him to go somewhere for the past year and he’s been managing his optics in that time superbly. He’s definitely not a snake and deserves to be fondly remembered with the rest of that championship winning team.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We've been completely stripped of every sellable asset we had. Paper thin squad.

A truly remarkable disintegration of a football club.

I agree, if we stay up I'll be as shocked as when we won the title.

8 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Agree with most of the sentiment there Ric - do you really think the club will reinvest the money? Sounds like we need it to keep the lights on, I'll be surprised if Cooper sees a penny of the sale in his transfer kitty...good luck to KDH

We will reinvest what we can but as I said, this sale is not from a position of strength like we'd all hope it would be. In 2-3 years time I want to see this club has executed a strategy to be ran better financially rather than just going from one poor decision to another. 

• Like 2

Nice to see a statement that he actually prepared rather than being done for him.

Crap timing to sell him and maybe a little under value but all in all, it's one I'm at peace with (give the current shambles of this club). He'll have the chance to achieve things at Chelsea he can't here and it's a massive step up for him so he has to jump at that chance. Might take his game to the next level but if not, could end up back here in a few years time.

15 minutes ago, Viva said:

No we didn't. Mistakes were made. Good decisions got us back in the Premier League though.

If we want to keep within the rules, then we sometimes have to sell our best assets unfortunately. 

If we had kept in the rules first time round we wouldnt have been in this mess. 

The rolled the dice and gambled on the clubs future and it didnt come off and someone needs to be accountable for that. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

If we had kept in the rules first time round we wouldnt have been in this mess. 

The rolled the dice and gambled on the clubs future and it didnt come off and someone needs to be accountable for that. 

We would have been in a similar mess. We broke the rules due to sacking Rodgers and spending heavily in the January to try and avoid relegation. If we hadn't done either of those, we probably would have still been relegated. 

We are trying to stay within the rules now though, so surely that's a good thing? 

Edited by Viva

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We will reinvest what we can but as I said, this sale is not from a position of strength like we'd all hope it would be. In 2-3 years time I want to see this club has executed a strategy to be ran better financially rather than just going from one poor decision to another. 

In 3 years time:

"Be careful what you wish for, we used to be in League One"

"We're in League 2 now!"

"Oh."

• Haha 1

Just now, Viva said:

We would have been in a similar mess. We broke the rules due to sacking Rodgers and spending heavily in the January to try and avoid relegation. If we hadn't done either of those, we probably would have still been relegated. 

We are trying to stay within the rules now though, so surely that's a good thing? 

the issues started a lot earlier than that and its a bit blinkered to feel that way. 

No not really as it means we are having to sell out best players. We are having to transistion and probably set ourselves back 5-10 years because of the mistakes made at a senior level and all the time they are doing this the fans are the ones feeling the blunt end of it. 

2 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

I just see this as a long term deal where eventually we will be on the right side financially and KDH comes home

how it feels KDH will be about 40 by the time we are back in a place where he would want to come back to us. 

16 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

The 2nd best player out of Shepshed, after me. 

Love him though, he got far too much stick on here sometimes in my opinion.

I woke up in a hedge in shepshed one Sunday morning after a night out at Krystal's.....just saying.

As for KDH, sad to see him go.  Not a world beater but decent and a local lad.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Not trying to be funny, but who is he going to push out of the England team? 

Bellinghan? Rice?

He won't pish anyone out but when it's a mid season international break and players pull out, he will be selected.

50 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The club ownership will literally not care beyond a self-congratulations at turning profit from an internal asset.

Thats what the rules MAKE them do. **** PSR, **** the EPL, **** EFL, **** THE RED CARTEL!

The ownership would happily pump money into a loss making club indefinitely as that is what they have largely always done. Its very hard for a provincial club in the midlands to make much money. 

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

the issues started a lot earlier than that and its a bit blinkered to feel that way. 

No not really as it means we are having to sell out best players. We are having to transistion and probably set ourselves back 5-10 years because of the mistakes made at a senior level and all the time they are doing this the fans are the ones feeling the blunt end of it. 

I think fans need to live with the reality of where we are. The past has happened and we went some why to righting some of the wrongs by getting promoted at the first opportunity. We aren't a top 8 team now, but in future I imagine we have aspirations to get back into the top half. 

For now though, it's going to be a spell of looking after the finances and keeping on the right side of the rules. This will mean selling good players from time to time. I hope we don't have the same negative reactions every time we sell a player in the next few years, because that's what needs to happen. 

12 minutes ago, Viva said:

The amortised transfer fees for Kristiansen, Souttar and loan fee for Tete would have been around £7m for 22/23.

Let's not forget we spent that whole summer saying we couldn't sign anyone unless we sold players but that we weren't under pressure to sell a major asset. We hadn't forecast to sell Fofana and yet we did, plus we booked Maddison in the same financial period and yet we've still breached PSR we are told by some margin.

It hasn't been confirmed one way or another whether we had to pay off Rodgers remainder of his contract or if it was a lower amount. Either way, we were heading for real trouble regardless. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The amortised transfer fees for Kristiansen, Souttar and loan fee for Tete would have been around £7m for 22/23.

Let's not forget we spent that whole summer saying we couldn't sign anyone unless we sold players but that we weren't under pressure to sell a major asset. We hadn't forecast to sell Fofana and yet we did, plus we booked Maddison in the same financial period and yet we've still breached PSR we are told by some margin.

It hasn't been confirmed one way or another whether we had to pay off Rodgers remainder of his contract or if it was a lower amount. Either way, we were heading for real trouble regardless. 

If we had stayed in the Prem, we would have had up until June 30th to stay within the rules. So while we might not have planned for Fofana to leave when he did, we probably had him down for leaving in the summer. Same with Maddison and possibly other players.