Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Austria v Turkey - Tuesday 2 July

That's a shame for Austria. 

Their fans were immense in Dusseldorf during the day v France. Never seen so many drunk people at 1pm when the game was starting at 9pm.....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Probably the best game of the Euros so far.

Are you watching Gareth?

No, thought not.

I would rather England play like either of those teams tonight, fair play to both as they gave it their all

England are as dull as dishwater 

Edited by Bob Weasel Fox
  • Like 3

End to end, from kickoff to the last second.  Capped by the save of the tournament at the death.

Quality wasn't perfect, but that was nonetheless proof that the beautiful game still exists

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Think the organisers will be hoping it's not England v turkey in the semis if they go through. Could be a tasty crowd

Theyd be shitting it for if that was the semis. Think it could be very nasty

8 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I would rather England play like either of those teams tonight, fair play to both as they gave it their all

England are as dull as dishwater 

Austria have gone out pal, I’d rather still be involved tbf 

What a terrific game that was.

I wish more football matches were played like that. 

I can imagine the likes of Southgate or Enzo shuddering watching it. Far too open, passionate and exciting, not enough 'control'. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

What a terrific game that was.

I wish more football matches were played like that. 

I can imagine the likes of Southgate or Enzo shuddering watching it. Far too open, passionate and exciting, not enough 'control'. 

Plenty of football is played like that, in this tournament alone! 

• Like 2

Enjoyed Matterface's 'Young Turks Run Free' comment at the end, skillfully linking a movement that initiated genocides against Christians in the Near East with the 1976 Candi Staton smash hit. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, trabuch said:

That's Banks like

Ah yes my thought too. I remember back in 1970 we settled down to watch the Brazil match on tv when we had to quickly unplug the set as it started to emit lots of smoke. Went to next door neighbour who were a lovely Irish couple. Asked if they were going to watch the England game and they said yes and immediately invited me, mum and dad in. I recall them offering more than one or two double Irish whiskies to parents. By the way Jeff Astle missed a sitter to equalise 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Unpopular opinion but as an ex keeper I felt he made the save look better than it actually was. His positioning wasn't great in the first place.

Still a great save.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 2

Great game last night. 

But the save wasn't as good as it's being made out to be. His starting position wasn't good:

image.png.a15d2f2cd53a107b67db69e7fa74843a.png

Anyway, nice one for making it as it got me top points in my predictions league and took me up to second place! 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Great game last night. 

But the save wasn't as good as it's being made out to be. His starting position wasn't good:

image.png.a15d2f2cd53a107b67db69e7fa74843a.png

Anyway, nice one for making it as it got me top points in my predictions league and took me up to second place! 

Agree on this save. Had he headed the ball so that it bounced close to the line rather than where it did it would have been much better.

• Like 1