Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sankey93

Martin Braithwaite

2 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

Man looks like he's spent all of Saturday and Sunday morning in 'Spoons before arriving 3 minutes before kick off 

• Haha 4

It's funny how he's been a regular international, yet on the back of one of his most productive seasons, he gets overlooked lol

I'm amazed at how well he's done for himself since leaving Esbjerg (Barca, wtf??), but he's just never been more than average at best (which isn't the norm).

I hope this story isn't true, but if it is, maybe we can take solace in that we've written off Danish player before only for them to prove themselves again :sweating:

• Like 1

Despite having secured immediate promotion back to La Liga, Espanyol could lose their most productive forward during this summer’s transfer window. Martin Braithwaite notched 22 goals across all competitions last season, but despite the Catalans being back in Spanish football’s top flight, he looks more likely to leave than stay.

Braithwaite recently confirmed that he had rejected a “derisory” contract offer from Espanyol, and MD have reported that he could leave this summer for a very small fee – the exact amount that this is worth is yet to be known. Getafe and Valencia are two of the La Liga clubs interested in the Dane.

However, they are unlikely to be able to compete financially with the Premier League, and the according to information highlighted by from Danish outlet Tipsbladet, a trio of clubs from England have submitted contract proposals to Braithwaite – they are Everton, Leicester City and Southampton.

Unless Braithwaite commits his future to Espanyol, it seems unlikely that he will stay. A return to England, where he previously played for Middlesborough, could well be on the cards.

Maybe could've considered signing him last season when challenging for promotion to see if he was up for it, but think the PL won't suit him.

5 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

this would be a waste of allocated wages imo. surely we can find someone more mobile and less long in the toof?

Not that I'm advocating a move but given he's just been playing in Spains second tier I can't imagine he's on much.