Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Drinking in the Stands

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I know it was under discussion of bringing Drinking in the Stands to English football but I really hope it does not happen. 

Having been in Germany for the Euros with England the amount of beer and cups(albeit plastic) going everywhere was a joke. Then you look at scenes like tonight with Austria v Turkey. 

Keep it to the concourse and most important of them all... the pubs:cheers:

Agree. Got soaked in Cologne and fed up by people constantly leaving their seats and going for beer. Pain in the arse. 

Works OK in the 6 nations though. 

5 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Agree. Got soaked in Cologne and fed up by people constantly leaving their seats and going for beer. Pain in the arse. 

Works OK in the 6 nations though. 

It doesn’t, people getting up every five minutes drove me mad at twickenham. Atmosphere was rubbish

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

It doesn’t, people getting up every five minutes drove me mad at twickenham. Atmosphere was rubbish

That's Twickenham for you.......

I was more talking about the throwing of full pints that I saw all too often in Cologne, Munich and Stuttgart. 

Not a great idea.  First it doesn't really work at rugby as claimed.  There have been numerous stories of people being a mess, throwing up over kids, fighting at the six nations if you do a brief search.  But as far as drinking at Leicester city games goes, there are already big holes in the crowd at 35-55 mins where people are on the concourse because they can't go 45 mins without a pint. Do you really want people shuffling past you every 2 mins for 90 mins.  I'm sure for some the football is secondary to pints. It's beyond me.  I also don't want to get soaked whenever we score.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

I thought we were boycotting the concourse bars as a protest 🫣

well yeah but lets go and buy £9 pints so we can chuck them in the air when we scored ala BoxPark London / FC Union Berlin etc.

10 hours ago, Wolfox said:

They’ve managed at the rugby for long enough 

Yeah but them lot are too busy drinking it out of each others leather brogues to be throwing it around.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

If you think it's been bad in Germany wait for America in 2 years, the yanks love throwing beer around.  It really seem to become everywhere after the video of england fans in hyde park went viral.

Although TBF to the americans their beer deserves to be thrown.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

If you think it's been bad in Germany wait for America in 2 years, the yanks love throwing beer around.  It really seem to become everywhere after the video of england fans in hyde park went viral.

Although TBF to the americans their beer deserves to be thrown.

I dunno the big cans in American stadiums were about $20 each when I was there last year. 

• Like 1