Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Drinking in the Stands

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Not sure why you would want to drink whilst watching in the stadium tbh. 

Each to their own. 

Because the beer is delicious and well priced 

I'll probably wish I was already blind drunk when the game starts this season. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Each to there own, but I can cope for 90 minutes without a beer! 

I could cope a lifetime without the shit they serve down there and I'm a beer monster 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

People over here can't handle it. Would be awful if we had drinking in the stands.

When we were in Europe I saw people acting like idiots because of it.

Edited by Fox92

32 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Some people have never been showered with a pint of hot piss launched by a neanderthal and it shows.

Did you have to pay extra for that?

Yeah it's just gonna get lobbed around soaking everyone so people can either film it for scenes or try to make as many LIMBS as possible.

Plus you'll inevitably get the cup chucking we've seen in this Euros, too.

Football fans are, in the main, arseholes, so this hopefully won't happen.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I always think the people who leave early get a hard time compared to the people who come up late because they need to finish their beer and then go back down earlier before half time for another beer and come back late again crowd.

They seem to get of lightly.

Each to there own, but I can cope for 90 minutes without a beer! 

Add to that, the times you have to keep getting up and down whilst they go back and forth to the toilet.

• Like 1

Could bring it in for one year next season as I don't think we're likely to score that many goals anyway? Then ban it again when we're in the Champ.

In all seriousness really enjoyed the European trips where you can sit watching the game with a beer, even though I don't tend to drink at Leicester games. But it would be a shitshow over here, don't wanna go home drenched in beer.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I dunno the big cans in American stadiums were about $20 each when I was there last year. 

Exactly this. The pricing is so high here that few people want to waste their beer, or risk getting kicked out of the stadium. The cost of alcohol is also a contributor to the tailgating culture- people show up at 7AM to grill and drink, then go into a 4PM NFL game. By the time the game starts, they don't need much more to drink...or they just stay in the parking lot and watch the game on a TV from there.

Even as a supporter of Philadelphia teams who carry a certain reputation, the amount of cups and other items that get thrown during soccer matches around the world outweighs what gets thrown on a field at games here. They'd much rather say horrible things than waste an expensive beer.

Unless you're in Buffalo, of course...

^maybe don't click the above YouTube link at work.

Edited by NJFox
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

If you think it's been bad in Germany wait for America in 2 years, the yanks love throwing beer around.  It really seem to become everywhere after the video of england fans in hyde park went viral.

Although TBF to the americans their beer deserves to be thrown.

I don’t know Ronnie but when I was in New York in April there was a few pretty decent tasting beers better than Carling now that’s worth throwing out !!:cool:

Edited by justfoxes

10 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I don’t know Ronnie but when I was in New York in April there was a few pretty decent tasting beers better than Carling now that’s worth throwing out !!:cool:

American beer?

4 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

If you think it's been bad in Germany wait for America in 2 years, the yanks love throwing beer around.  It really seem to become everywhere after the video of england fans in hyde park went viral.

Although TBF to the americans their beer deserves to be thrown.

That’s not how it is here or how it’s going to be here at all.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Prefer it how it is tbh. Not a great example having a fully grown adult launching his shite pint of Chang up in the air and going over peoples kids. Rugby you arent going to get that as you rarely get yobs in the crowd

Edited by South Shire Fox

To be fair, with the way a lot of Pl clubs as are going, the 'audience'... are more mellowed out than when the rules came into place. Don't think it's too far away at places like Spurs.