Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

FoxesTalk 20th Birthday Giveaway

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

To celebrate can we organise a best thread of all time vote:

I’m looking for 16 nominations to go into a head to head cup competition, with votes to find an ultimate winner. Selection from all areas of FT welcome, some early thoughts:

My mates the ref

Face of Kinder

The Tinder thread

What other suggestions do people have?

'water is wet' @Facecloth

'pea wet' @Sharpe's Fox?

'Kermogant was decent' 

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
Posted (edited)

My view of the platform, (without all the back slapping stuff) is:

- it’s something I couldn’t do. I wouldn’t have the IT skills nor the time/patience to create it and then run it. Credit has to go to anyone who would do this, especially finding time/people to police it.

- it’s like any form of social media. There seems to be a core group on here who will sidle up to each other and try to control the conversation.

- the format is great, apart from the ads which spoil the flow of what I’m reading on my iPhone. However, I understand that the ads need to be there.

- over recent months, I’m finding I’m having to log-in nearly every time I go onto the platform on my iPhone. That could be down to the settings on my phone, but it’s a problem I’ve never had before and is aggravating.

- having both the football threads AND the other subject threads is great. I’ve read and learnt some useful stuff on here, as well as finding some of it amusing.

- Top marks for Mark. Anyone who puts this amount of effort into anything for 20 years, deserves huge credit

Edited by Col city fan

Brilliant place and great to have banter and debates with people, even if their opinion is different to mine.

Met a few people at away games here and there as a bonus.

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

To celebrate can we organise a best thread of all time vote:

I’m looking for 16 nominations to go into a head to head cup competition, with votes to find an ultimate winner. Selection from all areas of FT welcome, some early thoughts:

My mates the ref

Face of Kinder

The Tinder thread

What other suggestions do people have?

Cheese's "Someone stole my inflatable dinosaur". Don't get me wrong, I'm against theft of any kind but it was blown up out of all proportions and he seemed really deflated about it :D

• Like 1