Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

FoxesTalk 20th Birthday Giveaway

Guest Col city fan
14 hours ago, emmo1987 said:

I officially joined 12 years ago. But i was a regular guest since the start of FT 👀. Its a right barrel of laughs. Nicky Maynard will always be a personal favourite topic of mine. And who was that player that we was disguising so he didnt get poached? Was it Max Gradel? Lol

Wasn’t that ‘Hide Knockeart’?

They are my fave threads ever

:D

Edited by Col city fan

On 03/07/2024 at 18:43, Mark said:

I'd been on a few forums the OS and Talking Balls (originally leicestershire.com). I didn't like the change to Talking Balls as the admin was trying to create an all sports forum and not an LCFC forum. At the time the official sites forum had come to an end I think, so we didn't have a dedicated forum. I put the whole idea of this site to the admin of the talking balls forum as I had no idea how to set it up, he didn't like it though and eventually I just went ahead with it. I didn't think many would join and for it to be this successful though

I'm shocked it's been so long. I remember the early days well. 

Thanks @Mark your forum has been indispensable for an 'exile' like me!

And a big thanks again for the shirt you donated after the title win :wub:

Did you ever consider walking away from the forum during those 20 years? 

How much time would you say you've dedicated to the site (like average hours per week)?

In your opinion, what's the secret behind the forum's success?

Edit: Maybe you should do a Q&A thread to mark (pun intended) the occasion :D

Edited by shen
  • Like 2

Have to say, FoxesTalk is easily the best structured and well run forum I’ve seen. I’ve not joined many forums before but I’ve visited hundreds in the past when looking for solutions to problems, pretty much every single forum I’ve been on looking for anything, I’ve always thought to myself I wish it was as well structured as FT is. 

It’s a great community. 

Only been on here for about 5 years after flirting with the talking balls forum for a brief while. Great site, easy to navigate for an old git like me, and generally informative. 

Been on a few different forums, not just footy related, and this is definitely one of the best ones.

Well done to those behind the scenes who put in the time and effort to make it what it is.

Shout out too to all the members, past and present, who regularly contribute, whether I agree with their viewpoint or not. 

There have been some memorable threads.