Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guesty

Caleb Okoli

Just now, Stadt said:

We didn't ship 3/4 a game when Souttar played in the relegation season.

I'm not a fan of Coady tbh but we can't have every manager waltz and demand a set of new toys when we don't have the budget or headroom for it.

So the option is to sit tight and finish rock bottom? And sweat the assets we already have ( lack of). Unrealistic and can you imagine the uproar of no new signing or investment? People are in a tizz about no new kit. The ownership and Rudkin would be burnt at the stake.

We will invest this season and with respect you aren't fully up to speed about what we can or can't afford. 

• Like 1

Baffling signing on the face of it.

We already have 5 CBs and we're adding a 6th and none of them are left footed.

I was at least hoping he was extremely quick and progressive on the ball but he doesn't appear to be that either.

Will have to trust the process on this one.

Looked like he'd broken into the Atalanta starting line-up at the beginning of the 22/23 season and was doing pretty well with 3 clean sheets in his first 5 starts. Then Atalanta had a dodgy spell at the end of October/start of November and he was barely seen again.

Wouldn't make any knee-jerk reactions to his season at Frosinone as they were obviously lacking in talent all over the pitch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

We didn't ship 3/4 a game when Souttar played in the relegation season.

I'm not a fan of Coady tbh but we can't have every manager waltz and demand a set of new toys when we don't have the budget or headroom for it.

Got a feeling someone maybe on the way out, Faes? 

Those saying it isn’t a priority position, it clearly is to suit the system Cooper wants to play (back 3).

I’m all for a back 3 system. The success Wolves and Palace have had recently in the 3-4-3, shows it can work well in the PL.

The key to it though is the wing backs and I’m not convinced we have the personnel yet to effectively carry it off. Ricardo (Yes), Justin (not good enough offensively and better as right sided CB), Kristiansen (not good enough imo)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

So the option is to sit tight and finish rock bottom? And sweat the assets we already have ( lack of). Unrealistic and can you imagine the uproar of no new signing or investment? People are in a tizz about no new kit. The ownership and Rudkin would be burnt at the stake.

We will invest this season and with respect you aren't fully up to speed about what we can or can't afford. 

No, I never said that did I?

£14m or so on a CB who isn't coming in with a scorching track record when we have two strikers and three central midfielders isn't addressing priority positions.

Your last line is condescending - obviously I'm not privy to our budgets, nor is anybody on here so shall we not speculate on anything at all unless we know things for a fact?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The incoming fees are starting to rack up for a team that needs to be mindful of its finances, if this goes through, 15m, 15m,  Golding 4m to 5m.

Let’s hope these signings are not the main ones,

and we offload a good few 

Edited by HankMarvin

4 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Pound is quite strong vs the euro, €15m, so that’s £12.7m or roughly the same as we paid for Danny Ward 

€15m total including add ons

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we are going to 3 at the back we need at least another 2 wing backs, I don't trust Ricardo and Justin to be able to play that role week in, week out in the Prem.

2024-25 | Abdul Fatawu 14 (11), 1 goals, 2 assists | RW, RWB 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

The incoming fees are starting to rack up for a team that needs to be mindful of its finances, if this goes through, 15m, 15m,  Golding 4m to 5m.

Probably about £6.5m or so on the books for the year

It is the amortisation value that is important

Edited by moore_94

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

No, I never said that did I?

£14m or so on a CB who isn't coming in with a scorching track record when we have two strikers and three central midfielders isn't addressing priority positions.

Your last line is condescending - obviously I'm not privy to our budgets, nor is anybody on here so shall we not speculate on anything at all unless we know things for a fact?

If a CB was incoming with a scorching track record, he would be worth £30m, wouldn't he not? We aren't swimming in that pond anymore. 

No you didn't say it implictly, but stated we shouldnt spend and utilise what we have as we don't have the headroom? If we do that we will 100% go down, the squad is already dramatically weaker than last season.

It's clear we are getting rid of a CB, and they will be on more money than this guy and demand a fee close to or equal, so pound to a penny a good deal overall.  We don't even know the strcture of the deal as yet.

Some positivity wouldnt go a miss sometimes lol

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we are going to 3 at the back we need at least another 2 wing backs, I don't trust Ricardo and Justin to be able to play that role week in, week out in the Prem.

Could kristiansen do a job?

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wouldn’t rule out ricardo becoming a full time cm 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Let’s hope these signings are not the main ones,

and we offload a good few 

Spread over contract length it isn't much