Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guesty

Caleb Okoli

1 hour ago, ts_1010 said:

My only complaint is that I'd rather us sign Greaves from Hull. 

He would probably be £5m more, but he's a tall ball playing left footed cb. And he's English so after a year in the prem his value will double if we need to sell.

Even though Okoli can play there, I’d still very much prefer a left footed CB coming in. 

If the idea is three at the back, then ideally we’ll need six centre backs next season. 

RCB - Faes, Souttar

CB - Vestergaard, Coady

LCB - Okoli, Nelson 

I’d rather see one or two of Faes, Souttar, Coady or Nelson depart in some way, get in a left footed centre back and potentially use Justin as a versatile option. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

That's how the football business works

I'm pretty sure we'll have gone for him, as Maresca would have wanted him. All the scouting on him would have been done last season - and probably the deal would have been lined up, before Maresca left.

• Like 1

What makes this transfer look even worse is that Southampton are looking to get Ronnie Edwards and Nathan Wood for less than the fee we are paying for Okoli combined.

It makes the posters trying to lecture others on how we need to accept that we are now operating in a bargain bin market look a bit silly. We are relatively breaking the bank for this bloke, a premium transfer for the situation we are in, and he might not even be any good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bald reynard said:

I'm pretty sure we'll have gone for him, as Maresca would have wanted him. All the scouting on him would have been done last season - and probably the deal would have been lined up, before Maresca left.

Agree. Enzo probably wanted Italians through the door. Pushed for Casadei, tried for Sensi, and like you say the scouting will have been done under Enzos watch.

51 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

What makes this transfer look even worse is that Southampton are looking to get Ronnie Edwards and Nathan Wood for less than the fee we are paying for Okoli combined.

It makes the posters trying to lecture others on how we need to accept that we are now operating in a bargain bin market look a bit silly. We are relatively breaking the bank for this bloke, a premium transfer for the situation we are in, and he might not even be any good.

Or he could turn out to be pretty good and we are able to sell on for profit in a year or two

28 minutes ago, DZ-LCFC said:

This video is from the last season 

bro has something and hope cooper can improve him 

No great pace. Likes to dive in to a tackle. Ooh I can see good things from this - NOT.  Slightly quicker players and many fouls and penalties. Seems brave enough though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

We are in a new financial year now, so there will be a certain amount of money available to spend. I assume it will be a mixture of trying to find some players for a low fee/out of contract and then spending a higher amount on others. The new shirt sponsor will also free up some money for transfers. 

If we end up needing to sell a player or two next summer to keep within the rules, then we would have time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

On the other hand he has a Fofana-esque season and goes for £60m next summer making the £15m look like chicken feed

8 minutes ago, iancognito said:

On the other hand he has a Fofana-esque season and goes for £60m next summer making the £15m look like chicken feed

Different levels of talent. Yes theoretically if he had a Fofana type season it would make the transfer look like a cheap buy. 

Similarly if Barcelona bought Wout Faes for £50 mil and he turned into Carlos Puyol it would make the £50mil look like a steal, but it's just not going to happen.

Okoli is a relegation level  £6mil centre back with a potential ceiling as a midtable £20mil centre back. He just doesnt have the defensive awareness to be worth £60mil at any point in his career.

2 hours ago, bald reynard said:

If he’s a bad signing then the Cooper fans will call him a Maresca signing and those mourning Maresca will frame it as a Cooper signing and the many mad at the club hierarchy will blame it on Rudkin!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Different levels of talent. Yes theoretically if he had a Fofana type season it would make the transfer look like a cheap buy. 

Similarly if Barcelona bought Wout Faes for £50 mil and he turned into Carlos Puyol it would make the £50mil look like a steal, but it's just not going to happen.

Okoli is a relegation level  £6mil centre back with a potential ceiling as a midtable £20mil centre back. He just doesnt have the defensive awareness to be worth £60mil at any point in his career.

Have you watched him play before then ?

41 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

If he’s a bad signing then the Cooper fans will call him a Maresca signing and those mourning Maresca will frame it as a Cooper signing and the many mad at the club hierarchy will blame it on Rudkin!

You are learning quick. 

1 hour ago, KansasFox said:

Well it’ll be somebody’s fault. 🤣

Reminds me of that Bassey lad at Fulham. He's gone for big bucks so we may be onto something. Granted Bassey is left footed but players like that are very rare so we're unlikely to find a player like that!!!!!!!!!  !!!

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Reminds me of that Bassey lad at Fulham. He's gone for big bucks so we may be onto something. Granted Bassey is left footed but players like that are very rare so we're unlikely to find a player like that!!!!!!!!!  !!!

We wouldn't have to find a player like Bassey, if we'd just not let him leave in the first place 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sporter113 said:

We wouldn't have to find a player like Bassey, if we'd just not let him leave in the first place 😂

Imagine us telling him to play center back and he didn't fancy it? Left then ended playing center back 😂

• Like 2