Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guesty

Caleb Okoli

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

I know. I’m just pointing out, that regarding pace, it’s an improvement on what we have.

Well yeah but the guy asked if he was fast and I'm just pointing out that being faster than Coady and Vestergaard is not the same as being fast

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Steve cooper is gonna build a team of bastards and im here for it 🫡

And this is what I was saying about Steve Cooper. He does actually do this with his teams. He builds fighting team spirit. Exactly what we need this season. Not sure Enzo would have bought this to the table.

12 minutes ago, enmac said:

Looks fast enough to me. Might be right footed, but he can definitively use  his left. Looks very good in the air. 

At the risk of sounding miserable...

As far as YouTube reels go, he looks awful. Wayward passing, balls bouncing off him, his tackles look decent because he's recovering from his awful positioning that would get found out coming from the pace of Serie A.

I know, wrote him off before he's kicked a ball, blah blah blah

After going through his defensive work from last season, these back to back clips against Fiorentina sum him up perfectly. In Leicester City terms he is like a mixture of Wes Morgan and Daniel Amartey...

E8790254-2219-4-C64-90-C6-E1-D073-C6-F7-
BCFD6-F1-E-7-F0-F-4697-942-F-5-ADCE2-E4-

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

At the risk of sounding miserable...

As far as YouTube reels go, he looks awful. Wayward passing, balls bouncing off him, his tackles look decent because he's recovering from his awful positioning that would get found out coming from the pace of Serie A.

I know, wrote him off before he's kicked a ball, blah blah blah

He looks like he's playing against Championship teams in those clips. Seems like an odd buy to me, I know we need a centerbck but if we sell Faes for a similar amount, I guess in our position I'd rather stick with what we know.

Posted (edited)

the only issue, is that even if this profile is what we need now…You’d think it’s unlikely we could sell on for a big fee if his passing is a weakness 

Edited by Lambert09

6 hours ago, kingfox said:

After going through his defensive work from last season, these back to back clips against Fiorentina sum him up perfectly. In Leicester City terms he is like a mixture of Wes Morgan and Daniel Amartey...

E8790254-2219-4-C64-90-C6-E1-D073-C6-F7-
BCFD6-F1-E-7-F0-F-4697-942-F-5-ADCE2-E4-

I was with you until you said Amartey

7 hours ago, Scotch said:

People's reactions are weird.

For YEARS all we see on here are people banging on about us returning to our old transfer policy of young, raw but untested player for modest fees yet, here we have a young, raw but untestested player for what is by modern PL standard a modest fee and here you are bitching! 

We are not going to get a Jaimie Vardy for £1m or a Mahrez for half that. That's niave and unrealistic. Kante, Maddison, Okazaki, Fofana, are the type of moves we can hope to make and they were all risks, as is this one... 

Agreed. We aren’t going to pay £40m to buy an established Premier League (Max Killman!) player so bringing in young, hungry players who could be sold on in a year or two for profit is definitely the way.

2 hours ago, K789 said:

I was with you until you said Amartey

There were many defensive clips showing his physical presence, he is a player that clearly has the ability to dominate duels, the guy is an absolute unit. 

But there were also many clips of him looking quite unsure with his defending.

If he turns up at Leicester and defends like he did at Frosinone, then he’s going to be a total mixture of a player. 

When forest beat us 2-0 at their place their centre backs were Worrall and McKenna ffs.

A good coach/manager can get performances out of players. Let’s trust the team that have been watching this chap as he must have qualities that we’re looking for with potential to improve 

4 hours ago, MPH said:

Is this just real life?

or is this just fantasy?

caught in a landslide..

no escape from reality…

Certainly are this morning

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Scotch said:

People's reactions are weird.

For YEARS all we see on here are people banging on about us returning to our old transfer policy of young, raw but untested player for modest fees yet, here we have a young, raw but untestested player for what is by modern PL standard a modest fee and here you are bitching! 

We are not going to get a Jaimie Vardy for £1m or a Mahrez for half that. That's niave and unrealistic. Kante, Maddison, Okazaki, Fofana, are the type of moves we can hope to make and they were all risks, as is this one... 

It's all relative, Okoli is considered to be a £6mil player, so we aren't paying a modest fee at £11mil, we are overpaying significantly.

This kind of business is the reason we are in this whole PSR situation, it's fine taking a risk on a young player, but due to us overpaying if he doesn't work out we won't be able to sell him and break even on FFP. We complain about Serie A and La Liga clubs taking us for a ride on transfer values for Praet, Kristiansen etc but this is natural result of us almost spending double what they are worth in the first place.

Paying double the value of a player is never smart transfer business, we are taking a big risk and if that risk doesn't work out then we will be stuck with him running down his value on loan/on the bench alongside Soumare, Souttar, Coady etc.

• Like 1