Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guesty

Caleb Okoli

5 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I don't think we're going to be in the market for player with great reviews -  hopefully he has been chosen because of specific attributes that Cooper wants for a CB and therefore will be brilliant for us and just us.  Then we sell him 

This is it. If stats and analytics have been done around a specific requirement then we’d hope this is what they’ve found here. By the looks of it we will definitely be pragmatic under Cooper and possibly strong on set pieces. 

3 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Where would we play Ricardo/ Fatawu is my biggest worry with that I think they could both play RWB but could Ricardo play CM in the prem

I'd guess 3-4-3. Ricardo, VK and Justin wing backs. Keep Fatawu doing what he was last season.

We don't have many central midfielders at the min; so this would just need two. But it could all change depending on future moves.

Also means we've got more tall players for attacking and defending set pieces.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

We regularly sign CB's with awful feedback from fans of their current club. Benalouane, Wague, Bennett, Vestergaard and now Okoli

How have they all turned out 🫣

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's not as slow as Doyle, Vestergaard, etc. I wouldn't say he's slow, but he's no pace merchant.

It's hard to say because the official stats sites don't have stats for pure pace or acceleration. But if you see him on the eye and also see sites like Football Manager, EAFC, his pace is reasonable but nothing like Kyle Walker or someone like that:

https://fminside.net/players/4-fm-24/43372285-caleb-okoli

I think Atalanta are good at making us overpay for players they no longer need.

I'm not expecting him to be one of the fastest players in world football, just not a total oil tanker. 

• Like 1

looks good, from what I've seen on Youtube

Does look fast, to me, and plays on the left hand side of defence, in a four, but right footed.

Definitely knows how to put a block in

Wouldn't like to mark him for set pieces :ph34r:

47 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

22 year old right footed centre back (turns 23 next week)

32 starts on loan at Frosinone last season as they finished 18th and were relegated

He'll fit right in!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm not expecting him to be one of the fastest players in world football, just not a total oil tanker. 

FWIW, he was quite highly rated in Italy, but hasn't had the best season at Frosinone who he was on loan at, and who got relegated.

But do remember that Cesare Casadei was / is also quite highly rated in Italy too :ph34r:

What I would say is that this is a player that if we get relegated will be a beast in the Championship and he might be good enough to play in a relegation scrapping team now. Also has resale value, so overall on paper not a bad one. I just think we should have got one of the other centre backs out first. We collect CBs like stamps at this club.

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Another glowing review

Screenshot_20240704_141525_X.jpg

All this stuff is from fans of other clubs, who all seem hurt that nobody wants to give them upto 15m Euros.

42 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Not the most efficient use of wages, whicehver one (or two) we don't sell are going to be on a wedge.

I was thinking the upside of Cooper is that he might actually utilise some of the assets we already had e.g Souttar/Coady.

However if it's Faes we sell and if it's £20m+ we probably do ok out of this.

Play either of those regulalrly in the Prem and we'll be shipping 3/4 a game. 

46 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Actually a good player, but IMO not a priority position.

I agree with 3 at the back, but we kind of setup as 3 at the back last season as in possesion we were 3412.

I strongly disagree with the not a priority position bit. If we didn’t add pace to that backline then we may as well have left the efl badges on the new shirt 

One thing i learnt from our great escape season is that the most important bit of business a promoted club can do, is getting the right cb’s in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Play either of those regulalrly in the Prem and we'll be shipping 3/4 a game. 

We didn't ship 3/4 a game when Souttar played in the relegation season.

I'm not a fan of Coady tbh but we can't have every manager waltz and demand a set of new toys when we don't have the budget or headroom for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I strongly disagree with the not a priority position bit. If we didn’t add pace to that backline then we may as well have left the efl badges on the new shirt 

One thing i learnt from our great escape season is that the most important bit of business a promoted club can do, is getting the right cb’s in. 

Just because he's black does not mean he has pace. He seems to be around the same as Faes, not slow but not fast either.