Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guesty

Caleb Okoli

13 minutes ago, Ryy said:

Remember Monaco fans on Youri?

Remember Monaco fans on Ghezzal?

"Speed like Tortoise" if I recall correctly... and they were very accurate!

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we are going to 3 at the back we need at least another 2 wing backs, I don't trust Ricardo and Justin to be able to play that role week in, week out in the Prem.

Fire up the CAA Base client list

#WelcomeDjedSpence

• Like 1

So played on the left of a back three for Frosinone albeit is right footed, sometimes played in the centre, according to flash scores.

Seems a more physical player than a technical one. Not a bad thing in our situation.

Concerns for me are this implies a back 3/5 going forward, which I did expect / fear under Cooper. I don't mind that for occasional games but not as a long term strategy, I can't think of many sides who play well with it in the long run. We're overloaded on CBs even though I do think we probably needed one - but we need probably two out now. The obvious concern to me is the Italians think Atalanta are doing well out of this, doesn't seem to be overly rated by them.

Good luck to him but definitely got my reservations.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Stadt said:

No, I never said that did I?

£14m or so on a CB who isn't coming in with a scorching track record when we have two strikers and three central midfielders isn't addressing priority positions.

Your last line is condescending - obviously I'm not privy to our budgets, nor is anybody on here so shall we not speculate on anything at all unless we know things for a fact?

A maximum of £12.7m (if we believe the reports), as it included add ons, which frankly could be anyting. 

And, seeing as we seem to have this every season. It does not matter what order we buy players in, they happen in the order they happen because of umpteen different things. It doesn't mean he's been prioratised over others, or others aren't a priority. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Must mean one of Coady, Faes or Souttar are on their way. 

We just don't know. 

5 CB options is about the right number in the Prem

Could easily be the case that Nelson goes out on loan, leaving us with Okoli, Faes, Coady, Souttar and Lestergaard

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

So played on the left of a back three for Frosinone albeit is right footed, sometimes played in the centre, according to flash scores.

Seems a more physical player than a technical one. Not a bad thing in our situation.

Concerns for me are this implies a back 3/5 going forward, which I did expect / fear under Cooper. I don't mind that for occasional games but not as a long term strategy, I can't think of many sides who play well with it in the long run. We're overloaded on CBs even though I do think we probably needed one - but we need probably two out now. The obvious concern to me is the Italians think Atalanta are doing well out of this, doesn't seem to be overly rated by them.

Good luck to him but definitely got my reservations.

What on earth do you do with Stephy and Abdul in a back 5 scenario??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stu said:

Remember Monaco fans on Ghezzal?

"Speed like Tortoise" if I recall correctly... and they were very accurate!

From what I've seen the fans critisising are all of other clubs. 

• Like 1

Just now, KFS said:

Probably in a front three. I'm thinking maybe 3-4-3. We definitely need to do something about the midfield though. I think Winks could struggle in that sort of set up as well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

If a CB was incoming with a scorching track record, he would be worth £30m, wouldn't he not? We aren't swimming in that pond anymore. 

No you didn't say it implictly, but stated we shouldnt spend and utilise what we have as we don't have the headroom? If we do that we will 100% go down, the squad is already dramatically weaker than last season.

It's clear we are getting rid of a CB, and they will be on more money than this guy and demand a fee close to or equal, so pound to a penny a good deal overall.  We don't even know the strcture of the deal as yet.

Some positivity wouldnt go a miss sometimes lol

I never said we shouldn't spend. This is what I said...

"We didn't ship 3/4 a game when Souttar played in the relegation season.

I'm not a fan of Coady tbh but we can't have every manager waltz and demand a set of new toys when we don't have the budget or headroom for it."

Souttar costed us marginally more than Okoli will, Coady has extensively played in a back 3 (which the Okoli signing seemingly implies Cooper will play with 3), Vestergaard has just signed a 3 year deal, Nelson is pretty promising, JJ has probably played more at RCB/LCB than at fullback now.

I'm not against spending the money on the right players, Richardson is exactly the sort of profile I'm excited by but Okoli isn't cheap. Our first priority is signing a recently relegated 3 atb CB for £10-15m. I don't think it's wise.

Just now, TheGoldenGod said:

Spot on, if we are to use a back 3, the short answer to your question is....we don't! Not good :/

1 minute ago, KFS said:

3 4 3, with those two up top with the striker. 

I mean, did we not mostly play with a back three of sorts last season?

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Probably about £6.5m or so on the books for the year

It is the amortisation value that is important

If we use last season as a guide, we brought in 40m worth of players and sold 80m (70m of which was pure profit) to hopefully meet the £83m 3 year limit.

Obviously there are incoming increases in revenue from merit payments and tv money. But there is also significant increases in player wages as reported upon promotion of up to 35/50% increases.

9 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Must mean one of Coady, Faes or Souttar are on their way. 

You would think so.

So expect all of them to still be here next season when we can't sell anyone again!

I would imagine Faes and Souttar to go.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

A maximum of £12.7m (if we believe the reports), as it included add ons, which frankly could be anyting. 

And, seeing as we seem to have this every season. It does not matter what order we buy players in, they happen in the order they happen because of umpteen different things. It doesn't mean he's been prioratised over others, or others aren't a priority. 

The exact fee is splitting hairs.

As for the priority, it's a safe assumption spending a pretty considerable fee first is more likely to be a priority than not.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

If we use last season as a guide, we brought in 40m worth of players and sold 80m (70m of which was pure profit) to hopefully meet the £83m 3 year limit.

Obviously there are incoming increases in revenue from merit payments and tv money. But there is also significant increases in player wages as reported upon promotion of up to 35/50% increases.

Our amortisation drops to around 20m this season before purchases, from a high of around 80m two season ago.

If we spent 50m gave them all 5 year contracts we would only add 10m per annum.

Watched a bit of Atalanta a couple of years ago and he looked very raw, hopefully he developed his game a bit last season. Think rodon would have been the better choice for similar money but guess Okolis wages will be much cheaper. Definitely indicates we are going to 3 at the back. 

34 minutes ago, Ryy said:

Remember Monaco fans on Youri?

Remember Leicester fans on just about any outgoing? 

Player is playing for Leicester and is half decent and worth a few bob = "World class, £50m+ to buying clubs please"

Same player leaves later that window = "Eh wasn't that good anyway, won't be particularly missed" 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, KFS said:

it’s a huge question. Looking back at forests formations can’t see any 3 atb with wingers… he just pushed johnson up top 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

it’s a huge question. Looking back at forests formations can’t see any 3 atb with wingers… he just pushed johnson up top 

Isn’t it more a 3-4-3, where 2 of the front 3 are wingers?