Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guesty

Caleb Okoli

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Isn’t it more a 3-4-3, where 2 of the front 3 are wingers?

not what i could see in my research.

The 2-0 vs us and when they turned a corner they were a back 4. 

Huddersfield in the playoff final they played a 3 but 2 strikers and a #10

The width had previously come from the wing backs. If a traditional 343 is the plan it’s not something i can find an example of copper playing but i’m hoping someone has evidence of one. 

If you have  wingbacks and wingers…. that’s likely just a very defensive set up and not designed for a pretty game imo 

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

3 4 3, with those two up top with the striker. 

I mean, did we not mostly play with a back three of sorts last season?

'We' may have done before, but in the past Cooper hasn't really played like that. Think someone mentioned about about using Johnson as a 2nd striker. Will be interesting to see, but if we don't use abdul considering 15m has just been dropped on him, that's a nightmare start.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like he could play either side for us really

IMG_9291.jpeg

Hope we’re not all guilty of assuming he was defending the left half of that graphic!!!!! 

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Isn’t it more a 3-4-3, where 2 of the front 3 are wingers?

Does anyone play with wingers anymore? At this point the inverted wide forwards who come inside all the time are so common place that I don't see why it shouldn't work. Plus Mavididi might suit having a bit more freedom.

We don't have any viable number 10 option currently so systems that allow us to play without one are probably not a bad idea.

47 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Every post i’ve seen analyzing him has said he’s fast! Nothing to do with his ethnicity, what a wild leap :dunno: 

It's just very typical that on a thread about a black defender you instantly have incorrect posts about adding pace at the back, maybe you were just going with the flow but it's not a wild leap to think that people made the pace assumption based on his race.

7 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

The secrecy of our signings rings true here.  Linked with A,B and C then suddenly in minutes we’ve got Z.  Frustrating to us on the outside but at least it keeps us from

getting players stole from us.

Maybe he’s the next Rudiger?

Keeps us fans from finding out that we had players stolen from us too.

Potentially a good signing this. He looked like he was going to be their next big sale a year or so ago and then went out on loan.

Strong, no nonsense type of defender from what I can remember.

Now get rid of Faes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

It's just very typical that on a thread about a black defender you instantly have incorrect posts about adding pace at the back, maybe you were just going with the flow but it's not a wild leap to think that people made the pace assumption based on his race.

well it is a leap to assume that someone is just stating that without any reason. I don’t know anything about the guy so if people are saying he’s fast, I take that to be true. 

have you seen him play? Is he slow then?  I can’t understand why we’d sign a slow right footed cb… we’ve got plenty of those.  

Has anyone speculated that the club are responsible for release of this news while a national election is on in the hope were distracted and don’t get too upset when we find out from other teams fans on social media that he may not be any good or actually very fast?

Just now, Lambert09 said:

well it is a leap to assume that someone is just stating that without any reason. I don’t know anything about the guy so if people are saying he’s fast, I take that to be true. 

have you seen him play? Is he slow then?  I can’t understand why we’d sign a slow right footed cb… we’ve got plenty of those.  

From the video he looks around Faes's pace, maybe slower. An Italian on reddit had this to say about him, which implies that he's not fast - "Unfortunately, doesn't always read the game well and lacks the pace to cover up for mistakes as easily. Definitely stood out as Frosinone's best defender last season but realistically that's not saying much."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

No, I never said that did I?

£14m or so on a CB who isn't coming in with a scorching track record when we have two strikers and three central midfielders isn't addressing priority positions.

Your last line is condescending - obviously I'm not privy to our budgets, nor is anybody on here so shall we not speculate on anything at all unless we know things for a fact?

Is there a specific order you’d like the club to sign players in, have you shared it with them?

Perhaps the winger, strikers and midfield players we are likely to sign aren’t willing to sign just yet. If that’s the case do we wait on signing another player we fancy until after the priority positions are filled and risk them going elsewhere?

9 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Potentially a good signing this. He looked like he was going to be their next big sale a year or so ago and then went out on loan.

Strong, no nonsense type of defender from what I can remember.

Now get rid of Faes.

Just what we will need back in the Prem, watching him block so well reminds me of prime Wes Morgan. 

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Is there a specific order you’d like the club to sign players in, have you shared it with them?

Perhaps the winger, strikers and midfield players we are likely to sign aren’t willing to sign just yet. If that’s the case do we wait on signing another player we fancy until after the priority positions are filled and risk them going elsewhere?

👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Just what we will need back in the Prem, watching him block so well reminds me of prime Wes Morgan. 

Yep, could be a great signing. I saw him live about 18 months ago and was really impressed. Admittedly only 1 match but I was shocked when they then sent him on loan but this is their model.

Was an absolute monster on FM last year. Signed him more than a few times. 

I'd guess that the plan is 3 at the back, two wingbacks, 2 sitting midfielders and a striker with two inside forwards/#10s. 

I think Mavididi would suit that inside forward role as he's played as a striker but for me, Fatawu would be more suited to RWB. 

As for the CM, Ndidi or another no.6 with a DLP like Winks or someone like him. 

5 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Was an absolute monster on FM last year. Signed him more than a few times. 

I'd guess that the plan is 3 at the back, two wingbacks, 2 sitting midfielders and a striker with two inside forwards/#10s. 

I think Mavididi would suit that inside forward role as he's played as a striker but for me, Fatawu would be more suited to RWB. 

As for the CM, Ndidi or another no.6 with a DLP like Winks or someone like him. 

Was just about to post the same - my main CB at Villareal currently and he's class. Albeit it's a game but I got really excited when I saw the link today because of FM lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Have we ever had a transfer thread get started and be closed due to signing within half a day before?  :jawdrop:

Fuchs I think but the one that stands out is Ayoze Perez. An ITK posted on here and by the next day I think it was done. 

• Like 1